Sign in to follow this  
Sooden

Improve textures

I understand that textures have to be moderate for FPsec on lower machines but some are just lazy.

example -already a low quality texture that is then stretched over a door it was not formatted for.

dr1.jpg

Nothing bugs me more in a game than seeing areas where the devs seem not to have bothered (it happens, such an easy to fix that it gets put back and then forgot), or simple graphical mistakes left in the game. Maybe they Dev are gonna do a texture pass, would be nice to know.

If it’s not planned, I think it needs to be done before full release and not left upto moddders to do. Not even talking about more clutter detail but really basic stuff that still looks like it’s from the Mod.

If stuff like this makes it to full release, games publications are gonna rip Dayz apart :( please don't let it go out like this.

also, there seems to be a mix of textures.. some just normal's and diffuse, some with spec, some good resolution , some really low and the worst issue, inconstant resolution of detail >< 

...and you know i'm right, when the standard now is to use PRM textures in games representing reality, having textures like we see here look relay poor. Maybe your on it already and i missed the news, i hope :)

Edited by soods

a lot of these models textures are on a single texture sheet and also bi never lets you reverse engineer their binarized models, so i doubt someone would make a mod overhauling asset fidelity