Darktooth

DayZ - Scaring People

Hey guys, me and some buddies have been messing around with some programs and found one that allows us to play sounds as if they were through our mic. We then decided to hide and play scary sounds through direct chat to see how people react.

The Video below is some footage we received at the Balota Airstrip.

I hope you guys like it! And if you would, please leave any feedback you have of the video (positive or negative). :D

• Like 3

Haha well done. Your ability to stay on that server the whole time waiting for people is quite impressive.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :P Yeah, it took a long time to sit and wait but it paid off in the end i feel like lol

Very funny, they always look up when you're playing heli sounds xD. I'm laughing about it but maybe I would be scared if I heard such things in game.

Hahaha awesome idea! Very well done!

Next time please add heavy machine gun fire and watch em hit the deck :D

Haha thanks guys, I'm glad you all like it!

As for the gun fire, I will be sure to add that in for our next video Toxx. I had some shotgun blast sounds, but never had any footage of me using it on people.

I absolutely encourage you to hook up with a group of (preferably) inexperienced survivors and do this. The collective reactions will be priceless, I guarantee.

lol this is great xD

What program did you use for this?

Would like to let my friends freak out :D

I absolutely encourage you to hook up with a group of (preferably) inexperienced survivors and do this. The collective reactions will be priceless' date=' I guarantee.

[/quote']

That would be awesome haha. It just sucks that many times (in my case) people are always out to kill you :P

If I can pull it off though, I will for sure put it into the next few videos.

Dude that is freaky as hell! If me or my group heard that while going around I bet we would be doing some of the reactions in the video, but we would soon notice that someone was screwing with us! I wanna see more videos and also how many sounds do you have?

EDIT:I just noticed that those freaky voice sounds are from an old source mod I played...

Haha brilliant, a friend and i were already scheming to do this with the jaws theme. Any chance on telling us what program you used ?

dont you see the name of the guy talking?

maing all these sounds tells that bandits that there is soneomen in a low radius and they hunt you down...

Well done mate! :) I've done this aswell, only with like those oldschool scary strings. I don't know how they're called.