Sign in to follow this  
roslight

Equipment of departure ( bad idea)

I hope that the equipment of departure will not be present in the final game(set,play) because it facilitates too much the pvp and reduce highly-rated survival.

Pistol + bottle + food allows to go directly in the North without caring it besides.

The magic of DayZ is the survival.
Out of pity(For pity's sake) become a vulgar Battle Royal.

5 hours ago, roslight said:

I hope that the equipment of departure will not be present in the final game(set,play) because it facilitates too much the pvp and reduce highly-rated survival.

This kind of starting equipment is limited to the closed preview and the trial version, so that players get a faster impression on what they can do in the game and we get more feedback on the core gameplay.

• Like 2

This is kind of a throwback to when the DayZ mod was first released and I like the idea of this. You start off with a Makarov on the shore and hope to get out of the city. It also gave you something to fight back with against the kitted players that have been on the server for a while and that will be farming the shoreline for noobies eventually. The joy of winning a firefight against a kitted player with just the starting pistol was awesome. 

Edited by Pixel Crisis

Sign in to follow this