JaPp

Error code

I've reasently bought a Computer build and first thing I did was to download DayZ in exitement to play the game I loved ages ago on a good new computer.
But when I launch the game I get this error code:

Error creating enfusion, some possible errors:
*GPU not supported
*GPU drivers not up to date
*DirectX not up to date
*Other kind of error

I've read around on the forums and on the web and all of them says the problem is caused by GPU not supporting Directx 11. Mine runs DirectX 12 and I did read it should support Direct 11.

Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel Core 158400
RAM: Crucial ddr4 2400mhz 8gb
GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 3GB AMP!
MOBO: ASUS TUF B360M-Plus Gaming, S-1151

2 hours ago, JaPp said:

to play the game I loved ages ago

If you haven't played in a while you might want to remove all of your archaic launch options.  Steam Library, right-click DayZ, Properties, Set Launch Options - and remove everything that might be left in there, click OK.

Second, Open your nVidia control panel and in the left pane select Manage 3D Settings and find preferred graphics processor.  If it's set to auto-select then change that to force your High Performance nVidia Processor (I do this under Global settings but you can set it under Program settings just for DayZ).  Now back to left pane find and select Set PhysX Config and do the same, set it to your nVidia card not to auto-select or CPU.   Give that a try.  GL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

If you haven't played in a while you might want to remove all of your archaic launch options.  Steam Library, right-click DayZ, Properties, Set Launch Options - and remove everything that might be left in there, click OK.

Second, Open your nVidia control panel and in the left pane select Manage 3D Settings and find preferred graphics processor.  If it's set to auto-select then change that to force your High Performance nVidia Processor (I do this under Global settings but you can set it under Program settings just for DayZ).  Now back to left pane find and select Set PhysX Config and do the same, set it to your nVidia card not to auto-select or CPU.   Give that a try.  GL

It worked! Thank you! :)

• Thanks 1