Sign in to follow this  
Play (DayZ)

Vegetarians – Would you kill a cow and eat its meat in Dayz?

Obviously this question also applies for other categories but for now I just want to hear from the Vegs (if any).

Ps.: I know its a game but being Veg isn't about the whole "dont kill the poor animal thing"?

I'm not a vegetarian but I try to pretend that meat isn't an animal because it upsets me.

I know it's not the same but even so, I don't have a problem with it in DayZ. It's just a group of pixels.

I do feel a bit upset when someone puts a character to the sheep or cow. For example, I heard someone in-game say "Oh hi Mr. Sheep, your mum tasted lovely." That got to me a bit.

Hahaha :'D

YES, I went vegan after being vegetarian for like 5 years and I would kill it in game for two reasons:

1. It's just a game.

2. I went vegan because it's not necessary killing animals in todays world (plants do obviously have better proteins, animal products are not good for your body in general for various reasons) and to live more healthier. BUT if I were in a ZA, almost dying from starvation I would rather kill an animal than dying. That's a total different thing, since I would do it myself, do it for a real reason (not just for taste), so yes, that is my opinion.

(Oh and PLEASE people, don't start the "why is meat unhealthy? Do Vegans suffer from deficiency symptoms?" debate, just look up some documentations, statistics, books like the China-Study and you will simply see and learn some facts).

Have a good day.

Yes, because it's only a game. This means killing the sprite leads to no pain... because it doesnt exist. So, what would be the point of leaving it?

Contrary to popular belief most vegetarians really arent that in-your-face about it enough to not kill digital animals on a computer game.

I'm vegan and I kill animals in games for the same reasons I kill humans in games. It's just a game and has no consequences.

(I hope) Noone here would kill a human being in real life, but we still do it ingame.

Cool, I was wondering how would veg survive on just cans os beans and pasta! You need a balanced diet in DayZ! :D

Cool' date=' I was wondering how would veg survive on just cans os beans and pasta! You need a balanced diet in DayZ! :D

[/quote']

lol btw this would still be possible. (Well, not only by cans or beans) People do it meat, primarily because of proteins, although beans f.e. have lots of proteins. So if you are in a ZA and you still had the choices to eat like whatever you want, you wouldn't get sick from not eating meat or something like this.

I'm a vegetarian and eat meat in the game because.... it's a game :-)