Sign in to follow this  
kevintrf

Waiting for character to create

Hello, sorry for the kinda vague thread title.

Anyways, I've had this for about two days now and it happens on every server and yes I am using the latest version. Whenever I join a server it does the usual and puts me in a lobby I press OK it loads a bit more and I get to the lobby with the usual error message. When I press okay on that error message I just get this.

http://gyazo.com/21d507db7996a93a5fd5569f8e90e91a

And it stays like that forever, as I said I have the latest updates and everything, I am running combined ops with the mod correctly installed. I have tried waiting for my character to create during this and it doesn't work.

Does anyone else have this? Does anyone have a solution?

I almost always get this issue as well. But the devs are addressing the situation and are rapidly releasing updates and have said they are doing their best to soon fix the problem.

Soon!

I got the same problem :)

Installed the mod yesterday, now i'm up to date (1.4.23) but still, it always go back to the server browser with the "waiting for character to create" message, just like on your print screen !

If you are at that screen, your character cannot create. Send your ArmA2OA RPT file to dayzdevteam@gmail.com so we can see why it is happening.

Try going back to player selection screen, and then back in. 90% of the time it will resolve this issue.

Well, I fixed the "Waiting for Character to create" - thing.

But now, I am getting the following Error:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.SJB_Sordins_C'"

Any help?

€dit: Okay, didn't quite fixed it.

I bought operation arrowhead last night exclusively to play this mod, and this is the error I get when trying to play on ANY server

so yeah, I just went through the rigorous installation method, and I haven't even been able to play the game yet....

where is the file you want us to email to you?

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it by reinstalling battleye and validating both ARMA game files....

To fix this problem all you have to do is right click on Arma II operation arrowhead on the steam list and reinstall BattlEye AntiCheat and it should work fine. :angel:

You're welcome.

To fix this problem all you have to do is right click on Arma II operation arrowhead on the steam list and reinstall BattlEye AntiCheat and it should work fine. :angel:

You're welcome.

It worked! THANKS! Reinstalling BattlEye did the trick! :)

it says Missing STRING when i try to reinstall battleye ? da fuck

when i try to reinstall the battleye thing I get an error "missing string"

tryed to reinstall Battleye but got an error saying missing string so.. im downloading the game again from steam to try and reinstall everything

Here are two things you need to make sure you do before you reinstall Battle-eye.

1. Download it from the official site

2. Run the battle-eye setup as an administrator

Here are two things you need to make sure you do before you reinstall Battle-eye.

1. Download it from the official site

2. Run the battle-eye setup as an administrator

I don't know how to run the battle-eye set up; I get the files off the BattlEye site, and then...I don't have a clue what the hell I'm doing. Can anyone help a moron out? I mean, the files are there and everything, but they're not dancing. Cold bastards.

You're welcome.

well thats my problem i've installed ArmA 2 +OA then downloaded DayZ ,it gave me the same error as the link up top. when i try again it says battleeye initialization failed. i tried to reinstal battleeye anti cheat but it says 'missing string' . And i can't reinstal battleeye anti cheat :(