Sign in to follow this  
Rammwurst

Please implement TAA with the 0.63/Beta

DayZ could really do with a anti-aliasing upgrade and while opinions on the most appealing anti-aliasing technique differ I think temporal anti aliasing would be a great addition to DayZ

It worked incredibly well with recent titles such as Mass Effect Andromeda or Star Wars Battlefront 2 making the games almost entirely aliasing free, even during movement - making for a very CG/pre-rendered aesthetic

and during movement is where TAA really shines, which would help a lot in DayZ. Trees, fauna and the like make for a very noisy image, especially during movement

I know it's not as simple to implement as go-to post-processing techniques but it's well worth the effort and would be a efficient way to enhance the graphical quality of the game by a great margin without having to put in too many resources, that is if the engine would go along with it at all

best of all, it has a low performance impact

DayZ already has SMAA/FXAA and MSAA.
I personally play on Normal or High AA ( MSAA named just as Antialiasing ) and using FXAA High and the game looks pretty smooth, just the dense forests looks bit flickery, but i think that's due to the models itself.

Mass Effect Andromeda or Star Wars Battlefront 2 making the games almost entirely aliasing free
Their models/textures are pretty cartoonish and not so complex/dense, so it looks alot smoother, but in reality it's the same, also you wont notice much difference between for example FXAA or TAA.

Edited by exacomvm