Rashnu Damz

New Player - Low or High Pop Servers?

New player to the game and while i know it will take me quite some time before i can class myself as "ok" at the game, i would like the best possible chance to do so whilst also having fun.  Now reason i've got this game is because i love the whole zombie apocalypse survival genre but i also love the added threat from human players.
I've only just had a brief session tonight [as no true free time until tomorrow] but was wondering if its better to go for a lower populated server as im new [and thus more chance for houses NOT to be looted i presume?] or go for the high population servers as i like the threat/interaction from other players.  

From what i've seen from my brief time though, the game does feel like it'll be one of those hard to get to grip with but once you do, you'll love / appreciate it a lot [which i love btw].

Find a decent private server and stay there. I personally play in DayZ Underground, but its 1st person only, so it could be issue for you.

Also for current state you don't need much to learn, just learn basic crafting ( you can check dayz wiki ):
Crafting bandages aka rags is most important at first, all you need is random clothing and cut them using knife, axe etc. ( you can easily make improvised knife ).
If you have hatchet or axe second good thing to craft is improvised backpack ( burlap sack + rope, you can craft rope from 12 rags and later upgrade the backpack using 3 sticks) so u can stay in low profile and carry some extra stuff.
Also finding compass is very important.

You should know already how to use compass and map ( you can open chernarus map in steam overlay browser or best on second monitor/tablet etc ).
Over time you will learn where u spawn and it will be alot easier to navigate also you will learn alot of "Not to do's" e.g. walking on cliff rocks etc, jumping from heights.

All the rest is basically your instincts/survival skill and your prefered play style.

Edited by exacomvm