SillySil

The reason why it's "shoot on sight"

It doesn't make logical sense to leave people alive. The potential loss of my gear is way more important to me than the potential loss of your gear. So far' date=' my strategy has worked. On my first characters, I tried to work with people and was hunted down and killed every time. Now, I play strictly shoot on sight with anyone who isn't a RL friend, and I've got hours and hours of playtime on my most recent character, which has lasted me since 1.6. My bandit kill count is much higher than my amount of murders, too.

[/quote']

Your right it isn't logical but luckily were human so don't always apply logic, emotion plays a part too. I could probably survive much longer if I sat in the woods and just hunted for food or if I never tried to contact anyone. I like that aspect of the game, it's risky but I've made some good contacts so far. Yes, I have a shorter life expectancy but I also have a lot of fun.

Only reason you wouldn't shoot on sight is if there is an advantage to having the person alive. A 'specialization' skill system for each character would do this. Would you shoot on sight if you needed medical attention and the other character was possibly a doctor? Would you shoot on sight if you needed someone who could repair the helicopter you found and that character is possibly a helicopter mechanic? Etc. etc. etc.

You're an idiot. The game already incentivizes teamwork, and it changes nothing. I've seen so many idiots say this I'm sick and tired of it. Bandits TEAM up with their clans and reap the benefits and continue KOS'ing.