hermangamer

Game is... either too easy or too hard, depending.

Game One:

I spawned on the beach, no weapon.

I wandered around, saw a zombie, and I died.

This game is awesome.

===============================

Game Two:

I wandered around, entered a building and got a grenade for a launcher that I don't have, saw a zombie, and I died.

Game Three:

Didn't see any buildings, suicide-respawn.

Game Four:

Game Five:

Game Six:

Game Seven:

Game Eight:

Game Nine:

Game Ten:

I googled Day Z hacks, found the DayZ map.

I wandered into the woods, alt-tabbed looked at the map, did this for a while.

I got a shotgun!

I went back to the beach, I shot a new player 4 rounds left.

I waited at the beach, I shot a new player 3 rounds left.

I waited at the beach, missed first shot, killed him second, 1 round left.

I waited at the beach, I shot a new player no rounds left.

I went to the stand in the forest, no respawn yet.

I logged off for the night.

I login, Shotgun!

I went back to the beach, I shot a new player 3 rounds left.

I waited at the beach, I shot a new player 2 rounds left.

I waited at the beach, missed first shot, missed the second shot, he ran away and died to a zombie.

I went back to the stand in the forest and logged off for the night.

TL:DR New players make great targets when they can't fight back =)

cool story bro although i doubt you did that so much as you say you did and are just trolling. Considering many people suicide as soon as they see a spawn they dont want and the unlikely hood of you being exactly where they spawn in.

"Didn't see any buildings, suicide-respawn."

How about using ur legs and walk until u see a house?

Nothing in this game happens immediately, I suppose I didn't provide a time-scale but this was over ~40 hours =P

But in all seriousness, look down the beach with your right side to the ocean, and you can just watch em line up, Airfield has the best new player visibility.

what server you on so i can camp the airfield with a sniper rifle and shoot dudes running up/down the beach with a shot gun?

What is the point in killing new players? "Yaaaay, I killed a probably new player/player who can't protect himself who only has a bandage, torch and painkiller!"

Well done bro.

Nothing in this game happens immediately' date=' I suppose I didn't provide a time-scale but this was over ~40 hours =P

But in all seriousness, look down the beach with your right side to the ocean, and you can just watch em line up, Airfield has the best new player visibility.

[/quote']

Didn't knew that the maintarget of DayZ is to shoot new player on sight. You seems to be a progamer for your murder-count. Also ppl will rage alot when they spawn and become shot directly, cause they have so much items which could let em rage.

You say the game is too easy cause u was lucky to found a weapon outside of a city and slay new players now? Your just another tryharding newb.

Don't feed the mentally retarded trolls guys.

+1

take that shot gun and try your luck in cherno/electro or if you've really beaten the game you can try it on hard mode and come North to the NW airfield with your mighty shot gun.

As they say in EVE, a kill is a kill =P

I don't mean to upset some of the more emotionally invested players, I just saw the remarkable imbalances presented and thought they'd be good for some lawls, and I was correct.

The imbalances I speak of are:

a) Permanent gameplay advantage by knowing where weapon re-spawns via meta-gaming.

b) Infinite bandages/painkillers, the ammo is infinite via re-spawn, as are the new players.

Its the zombie apocalypse, the world is dead, as a level-headed survivor who do you kill off? Mr. Alpha-Gamer who can kill you at 1,200 paces, or the clueless loot delivery man, who can't even fight back?

Exploitation is a reality of post apocalyptic existence. You could argue that my actions were content driven role play.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't he die from thirst or starvation after logging off for the night? I guess he left out the parts about scavenging for food and water.

Meh. Trolls will be trolls.

Exploitation is a reality of post apocalyptic existence. You could argue that my actions were content driven role play.

You can use this excuse to justify anything. You have no idea what post-apocalyptic life will be like so it is hardly fair to say that you were role-playing.

Seems like you just wanted to take advantage of your situation and murder people for the fun of it.

If the only reason you are playing DayZ is to shoot people that have just spawned, then Battlefield 3 might be good for you, it has more features. Also, please go to Cherno. The noobs there shoot back.

A kill is a kill is a false pretense.

There is such a thing as a "good" kill and a "bad" kill.

a good kill would be killing an equally geared player because they're a bigger threat = bigger thrill of the hunt = more glorious the feeling.

A bad kill would be killing the unarmed. It feels good for a second but then it goes away.

Basically while the bandits of the north are getting high on pure cocaine you're smoking dirty crack rock in a back alley.

As they say in EVE' date=' a kill is a kill =P[/quote']

And it doesn't mean anything at all. In DayZ there is no inherent purpose in racking up kills, there is no leaderboard to boast on (actually there is one, very under developed. and I personally hope it stays that under developed. it still doesn't mean anything and I doubt a lot of people look at it), you don't win anything once you have a certain number of kills, you don't level up. The only reason for kills is the actual experience. And the experiences you describe seem very bland.

But hey! Don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to your style of playing. What a lot of people don't understand is that their "griefing" is actually an important part of the game. From a game mechanics perspective, the griefers are the step between the infected and the players who pose a real threat but enhance my experience. The kind of players that communicate, offer help when you are hurt, but that you can never really trust. Comparing with other mainstream games, the griefers are the AI henchmen you plow through on your way to the next boss. They might be boring, but they are necessary.

Another thing these people seem to miss is that they do change their behavior and change the dynamics of the game. Next week you won't be killing unarmed survivors on the beach because you'll be fed up with that. maybe you'll be sniping from across the street of the hospital in Elektro, or something else. And this is important, because it makes every single respawn into a new adventure.

You can kill me ten times in a row, and still every new respawn is a new adventure. Every respawn is a new opportunity; I can run from Balota to Berezino in about 30 minutes, I canhunt PK'ers on the beach, I can choose to see how far i can get without picking up a weapon, I can set out to meet people and try forming a team, etcetera.

The trick is in understanding that the loot is not the goal.

All of the above might not apply to you specifically, as there's not much information to get from your posts.

There's two answers I am expecting to my post:

- Hahaha! You're so buthurt!!

And my answer is:

- Great! You will keep adding an important part to the game!

- Shit! I am not going to be that predictable anymore.

And my answer:

- Great! You might actually level up to the next evolutionary step of survivors! I am looking forward to meeting you in the game!