Sign in to follow this  
sakegamer

Weapon damage?

Hey friends. Let's talk some in-game stuff (and not development), shall we?
First post here but I'm a veteran DayZ player since the mod first weeks, so I like to research a lot about the game and after wondering a lot about this, I decided to create this topic.

On the DayZ Gamepedia the info related to weapon damage are as follows:
Hit, Health, Blood, Shock, Shock HS and Bleed chance. I assume these combined define how much damage a weapon does to a player.
A DayZ character having 5000 Health and 5000 Blood and the Mosin hitting 500 Blood, 200 Health and 500 Shock only, (and a pistol like the Glock doing the same amount) I assume a lot of the damage comes from the Hit description, which says 12.0 for the Mosin, and a 7.0 for a Glock, for example. So what exactly is this "Hit" damage? Is there a known "formula" for the damage or only "guesses"?

Also, is the Winchester Model 70 the strongest weapon in the game related to damage? I assume this because it says a shot from it instantly kills a player or knocks unconscious most players at even extreme range, and (I think) is the only one that doesn't have a number for "Hit" on the gamepedia, it just says "Hit". Thoughts?

Base damage = hit²

From memory: Right now the strongest weapon per projectile is the crossbow at hit=14. The weapons with the most potential damage per shot (11 projectiles) are the shotguns. FAL puts out the most potential damage over 2 seconds with 20-rd mags, hit=12 and a max fire rate of 10 rd/sec.

Winchester is hit=12. More airFriction means slightly less damage at range than SVD/Mosin. 'Slightly' meaning you can't tell the difference.

10 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Base damage = hit²

From memory: Right now the strongest weapon per projectile is the crossbow at hit=14. The weapons with the most potential damage per shot (11 projectiles) are the shotguns. FAL puts out the most potential damage over 2 seconds with 20-rd mags, hit=12 and a max fire rate of 10 rd/sec.

Winchester is hit=12. More airFriction means slightly less damage at range than SVD/Mosin. 'Slightly' meaning you can't tell the difference.

Thanks for the info. Do you know where I can find this info? I don't know if I'm being stupid but I couldn't find anything related to weapon damage other then the gamepedia page.