cwb

Game fades from light to dark when turning.

Hello all.

I couldnt find any results for this problem, so Im asking here in a new post. I recently decided to reinstall all the ARMAs I have on steam, all of ARMA 3 and Im thinking of getting that too. I also wanted to try the DayZ mod. The problem Im having, is the game fades from nice and bright, to very dark, when I turn my character. It goes back and forth from light to dark and light again, even if Im standing out in a very well lit sunny area it still does it. If I just stand still, it doesnt change, it only does it when I change the direction Im facing. Its extremely annoying, and is ruining the game for me. Nothing should be fading in and out like that on the brightness of the game, when Im in very well lit areas. If I run into a dark area, ok I can understand. But not while Im in well lit areas and there is no reason at all for things to magically fade to darkness. Ive heard if you character gets injured that sometimes it can effect this, but it does it even when my character has nothing wrong with him.

So does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a fix for it? Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, cwb said:

Hello all.

I couldnt find any results for this problem, so Im asking here in a new post. I recently decided to reinstall all the ARMAs I have on steam, all of ARMA 3 and Im thinking of getting that too. I also wanted to try the DayZ mod. The problem Im having, is the game fades from nice and bright, to very dark, when I turn my character. It goes back and forth from light to dark and light again, even if Im standing out in a very well lit sunny area it still does it. If I just stand still, it doesnt change, it only does it when I change the direction Im facing. Its extremely annoying, and is ruining the game for me. Nothing should be fading in and out like that on the brightness of the game, when Im in very well lit areas. If I run into a dark area, ok I can understand. But not while Im in well lit areas and there is no reason at all for things to magically fade to darkness. Ive heard if you character gets injured that sometimes it can effect this, but it does it even when my character has nothing wrong with him.

So does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a fix for it? Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Dayz mod part of the forum is here .

https://forums.dayz.com/forum/3-mod-announcements-info/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cwb said:

Ahh ok so this must be the stand alone DayZ forums. Thanks for the heads up, and by the way how is the stand alone version??

dayz SA is the only BI game i play it's what got me into online  gaming i have no interest in the other BI games.

It's the survival part of the game i play not into PVP.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

dayz SA is the only BI game i play it's what got me into online  gaming i have no interest in the other BI games.

It's the survival part of the game i play not into PVP.  

Im not normally into PVP either but I thought DayZ stand alone was PVP mainly?

Are there PVE servers too? Or can you host your own server and make it PVE?

Also what do you mean BI games? And thanks for your reply.