cv7890

Quilted Jacket?

I was pleased to stumble across a quilted jacket whilst playing today (I think the warmth probably saved my life as I was cold, wet, and shaking). but I was surprised to see that it took up four slots in my inventory! 

As the key benefit of a down or synthetic insulation jacket is how small you can pack them (Even the in game description makes this point...) I thought perhaps it would be more appropriate to make the inventory space two slots? This would make it an item feasible to carry for time when your character gets cold?

As it is a rare garment anyway, this would add a string to it's bow as (whilst it has a high thermal rating at 17, i'm not sure that this is enough to justify picking it up over a rain jacket which has a thermal rating of 15!

An alternative solution would be to give the garment six slots rather than two, giving it more capacity than a rain jacket - this would be a less realistic solution but it would work from a gameplay perspective

Edited by cv7890
Clarification

I agree. The downjacket ingame should take up the same space as one or two apples. Thats what my downjackets can pack down to.

Hell , i think you should be able to fit 10 to 12 apples in a burlap sack , and it only take up 2 spaces in inventory , maybe 3 . By the way general basic survival rule is , 3 minutes without air , 3 day's without water , roughly 3 week's without food , love the game , but not very much realistic survival .....