Sign in to follow this  
Luftpancake

Handcuffed Executions

Hey, quick idea, and a simple one as well. 

Let's purpose that you've managed to snag yourself a player, and he's handcuffed or tied up.

I always thought that it would be neat if said player was handcuffed and on their knees, holding still, if you could play a dramatic animation of putting a gun up to their head and blowing their brains out. This would be very similar to the suicide animation, but there will be a giver instead of just a receiver. Same would go for a bladed weapon, a nice and clean slice to the throat, resulting in a red screen, fading to black, and lots of gurgling and noises of suffocation for the one receiving the fatal wound.  

The animation can be canceled at any time, and if the giver is shot or punched while in the animation, the animation is canceled. Therefore, you can save your friends in the nick of time. If said person at gunpoint happens to break out of the restraints before the animation is done, the animation is cancelled. 

Oh, and please don't give me any shit about "taking control away from the player", it's the same exact thing as for suicide animations. This can't really be exploited due to the specifications for you to even be able to perform the action. Crouched, cuffed, and holding still. 

Oh, as a bonus, it'd be really badass if we could hang people, just saying.

Edited by billnyetherussianpie
Added a line.

I'm not a big fan of any type of execution/kill animations. In the case of the knife+throat+restrained player I can see it working okay. The gun I don't like as you can already shoot your prisoners in the head just fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

I'm not a big fan of any type of execution/kill animations. In the case of the knife+throat+restrained player I can see it working okay. The gun I don't like as you can already shoot your prisoners in the head just fine.

I get what you're saying, but the standard ragdoll is extremely buggy looking, especially when said victim was handcuffed, and I personally believe an animation option would be better for such a situation. However, that is just my opinion and I'm open to take any ideas/thoughts on the matter at hand. I do understand that the ragdoll shit will be fixed eventually, but you really must put emphasis on "eventually", god only knows how long we'll wait. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the dev team. It must be truly a pain in the ass to take over such an overwhelming and ambitious project.

Edited by billnyetherussianpie
Grammatical error

16 hours ago, billnyetherussianpie said:

I get what you're saying, but the standard ragdoll is extremely buggy looking,

and they're going to (most likely) fix that and make the ragdolls better looking so their physics are more like arma 3.

And yikes, I see you already mentioned it will be fixed eventually, my bad, but yeah, they shouldn't bother making an animation when something is going to be fixed eventually anyways.  I like the idea of executing with melee, like slitting the throat.

Although I'd like to see some death animations that blend into ragdolls eventually, like if you get shot in the stomach your guy clinches his stomach and then falls over turning into a ragdoll, etc.

Edited by Mr_Joe

Death animations would be sick, even better paired with blood splatter and shit. Maybe with some wicked screen effects on your last seconds of life.  I've suggested incapacitation, which would be similar to what you're saying, just not as lethal.