Pipinhot

Banned From on3 Servers.

Because this is a relative section of the forum it seems only reasonable to post it here.

(I have mad a ban apeal on the on3 forums.)

I recently was banned from New Zealand on3 servers because i obtained hacked items, I DID NOT spawn them into the game, i encountered them via a box on the side of the road north east of elektro, to my surprise it was full of stuff, i took some gear and was about to run off, it was a to good to be true moment, almost instantly a player named pwnography appeared "who was flying a helicopter earlier" and was claiming over the mic he had spawned them, me taking a minute to think if he was an admin or hacker (Not knowing admins couldn't spawn stuff) in the attempt of questioning his actions I was banned (Along with pwnography).

Later that night when i joined another server, i was forced a respawn. i no longer have any of the gear that was obtained via a hack. and i do not intend to hack. i will be more aware when im playing now, what i should pick up and what i shouldn't.

This is a post, so that if the name OctaNe appears in a ban list of sorts, (im not sure how they show up?) please review logs and other ways of viewing a players actions, because i did not spawn, create, or purposely cheat. it was a misunderstanding.

I intend to push the game forward with support, ideas and identifying problems, i would hate to be removed because of another players actions.

You weren't removed because of someone else's actions. They didn't ban you because you spawned a crate, it was because you were using hacked gear.

Touchy this one, as in the circumstances are a little "off" for a ban.

Myself, I do not know all the weapon types and vehicles etc that are "supposed" to be in Dayz.

Now, it could be said that it's the players own fault, but are all players expected to read / learn / and memorise the "allowed" list of items in game ?

I only have sympathy in this case because I myself have joined a server that I later found out was a "hacked" server, there is no way to tell and being banned for something that is in many ways beyond your own control isn't very fun.

I can see the admin's reasoning though, if they know what weapons should or should not be used, and someone is using one of the weapons that they should not have access too, then yeah, I can see the ban being reasonable.

I'd like to see the outcome of this, as in my mind if the above situation is correct then the ban shouldn't stick. It was however rightly placed but once clarification of events, i.e, the player has explained how they came to be in possession of the weapons is heard then yeah.

I would be "watching" that player in future though, as in this case it's easy to just say "I picked them up" and get unbanned and do it again.

I'm not saying that this is the case, it's just something that an admin would be thinking of

You weren't removed because of someone else's actions. They didn't ban you because you spawned a crate' date=' it was because you were using hacked gear.

[/quote']

In the situation it was almost an instant ban, after leaving the crate menu, pwnography literally appeared explained, which took about 15 seconds he looked over at the beach, disappeared then so did i. all took about 30 seconds i never used anything :S

If the ban was placed in that way, it could be a battleEye ban, in which case I would be inclined to think that there is more to this.

It is not often that a automated anti-cheat system will ban for "unjust" cause.

If the ban was placed in that way' date=' it could be a battleEye ban, in which case I would be inclined to think that there is more to this.

It is not often that a automated anti-cheat system will ban for "unjust" cause.

[/quote']

i have spoken to a few of the players that were on that night from the on3 forums, and they accept my story, as for pwnography they are pretty firm thought that he was the hacker, another player reported seeing another chest, along the same coastline. I only ever encountered the one prior to the ban.

At first i thought it was automated, but i stumbled across a player reporting it in the forum with my name included, when i was attempting to resolve the issue. So i believe it was issued by an admin, not sure how permanent or easy to revoke this is. i do hope its possible.

If it is an admin placed ban then the lifting of the ban isn't that hard to do, if it's battleEye then yeah, much more difficult, if not impossible.

And you don't get BE for using hacked in items. And you sure as h*** dont get it lifted on these forums, thats impossible.

Are you able to connect to other servers? What exactly is the ban message you get

And you don't get BE for using hacked in items. And you sure as h*** dont get it lifted on these forums' date=' thats impossible.

Are you able to connect to other servers? What exactly is the ban message you get

[/quote']

Upon joining "DayZ - NZ7 - Hosted by ON3 Network" it says 1 of two things "you were kicked off the game." or "Connection Failed"

I can join other servers i have only tried ANZ Servers, im just banned from NZ servers :(

im just hoping the admin doesn't forward a ban list to rocket/BE as the players on the forum are suggesting.

My friends and I play on NZ often when we aren't searching for gear, we tend to see these crates around every now and then, half the time they were only filled with hatchets but we choose not to pick them up cause we don't know if we will get banned from just using these crates.

If a player has taken gear from a crate they did not spawn and did not know about, (i.e. they didn't ask a hacker to spawn it for them) then how can they know for sure that the items are not safe to use.

If you are telling the truth and just stumbled upon these crates then the ban should be lifted since you were banned through someone else s' actions.

The admins should be able to pull the logs to see if the scripts were ran by you.

And you don't get BE for using hacked in items. And you sure as h*** dont get it lifted on these forums' date=' thats impossible.

[/quote']

Upon joining "DayZ - NZ7 - Hosted by ON3 Network" it says 1 of two things "you were kicked off the game." or "Connection Failed"

I can join other servers i have only tried ANZ Servers, im just banned from NZ servers :(

im just hoping the admin doesn't forward a ban list to rocket/BE as the players on the forum are suggesting.

if your banned from all NZ servers, it was most likely a battleeye ban, if this is the case there is nothing we can do here.