Hey all, just trying to figure out if my low view distance is normal. I haven't played DayZ for a few patches so not sure if it's meant to be this way but a few patches ago I could easily see and make out enemies from at least 1000 meters away, not it seems that I can only just see a blurred figure at about 300m away. Also I am noticing that terrain view distance is only about 100-200m. My video settings are as follows.

VSync: Enabled

Texture Detail and Filtering: Very High

Objects/Terrain/Shadows: Very High

Everything else it either OFF or as low as it can be. I have even tried to edit the config file for viewDistance up to 2000 but it made no difference in game at all.

Thanks in advance.

It's probably the fog that's blurring your vision. We now have fog at coastal area that is pretty thick and it's great.

2 hours ago, SunshineBob said:

It's probably the fog that's blurring your vision. We now have fog at coastal area that is pretty thick and it's great.

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately my problem isn't the fog. This is definitely a render issue of some sort. Here is a screenshot without fog that I just snapped. If you open the image and take a look at some of the buildings they don't look rendered correctly. Also see that the terrain view distance is about 100m. Those buildings would normally have been easily visible to me with the same settings on older patches.

IMRRTo7.jpg

24 minutes ago, SunshineBob said:

No idea but seems pretry okay for me...

Dont see much difference either.

Maybe the foliage thats somewhat forced is causing your obscured vision. 

@op whats a few patches ago?