Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Lister

Just a suggestion, Coyote and alice pack Are too large.

Please, I really like the models for the both of them, the model work and texture work are very very good. But the backpacks are far too large, they look absolutely rediculous to carry around. There's very little realism in the size. The coyote backpack in the mod for example was perfect, It was large but still realistically sized. Don't even get me started on the alice pack. It's massive. I'm not saying remake them or anything, But I think they should be scaled down a little bit! I hope I'm not alone in saying this. I just think they're so large it's unrealistic. and before you tell me that there are backpacks that large in real life, Ask yourself if it's realistic to see one like that on a character in dayz that does so much running. No man could physically run carrying a bag of this size. If it were just trekking I'd understand. But this isn't the same.

TLDR: Make them a little smaller. but keep everything else

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aaron Lister said:

Please, I really like the models for the both of them, the model work and texture work are very very good. But the backpacks are far too large, they look absolutely rediculous to carry around. There's very little realism in the size. The coyote backpack in the mod for example was perfect, It was large but still realistically sized. Don't even get me started on the alice pack. It's massive. I'm not saying remake them or anything, But I think they should be scaled down a little bit! I hope I'm not alone in saying this. I just think they're so large it's unrealistic. and before you tell me that there are backpacks that large in real life, Ask yourself if it's realistic to see one like that on a character in dayz that does so much running. No man could physically run carrying a bag of this size. If it were just trekking I'd understand. But this isn't the same.

Pictures please? or a nice video.

If it is anything like the arma 3  CUP berg backpack, it is rather large.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:22 PM, Aaron Lister said:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/06/4a/76/064a76022485aa1d58943e133659c2ef.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0e/6d/8f/0e6d8f82e944238cc71f1be0a9f160ae.jpg

are they really?

just because you do not see average Joe's using these backpacks there are people who do use them and I've seen hunters using them and even jog with these kind of bags(personally I could not) then again, its more about the content's weight inside that you are carring than the size of the backpack, DayZ isn't an average joe world, where you would get punched, mauled,shot, and healed up just by bandaging and eating. I personally do not have any problems with their sizes, as running with these backpacks makes it easy to notice you,(basically your large profile gives you away even if you are all green or all black or whatever).

and you do mention

" Ask yourself if it's realistic to see one like that on a character in dayz that does so much running. No man could physically run carrying a bag of this size."

then again no man could every take as many shots to their body like they do in DayZ, or be mauled to pieces just to bandage and eat up to become healthy.

no one could sprint even with pure running gear from Electro to Novy Sobor, actually I doubt you could jog all that distance in one go, no breaks, no food or water intake and not slowing down.

Edited by Zervox

Yeah, agree, the Alice ruck is way bigger than the Large Alice Ruck.  Gravity would make it slump.

627780FFB0B6A086AD5EDF3B0558BC9A1DCF1455

Edited by barnabus