Sign in to follow this  
wojtek678

Alternative ways of storing water & simple backpacks.

Even though it is Eastern Europe everybody seemed to have melted down all of their PET bottles and burned all of the burlap sacks. As such, I would like to propose simple solutions to simple problems. 

1) Lack of portable water containers. This is awful when it comes to horticulture as your crops will die without water. Allow for the numerous metal cans (peaches, sardines, spaghetti, you name it) to hold water. Since it is an open container make it spill slightly when you run with it until it all drips away. This would prevent carrying potable water on a journey but would allow cultivation around ponds and water pumps.

2) Lack of burlap sacks/backpacks. Allow to sew a clothing item like a shirt or hoodie shut. This would make a rather oddly shaped backpack but it would fulfill the same function as a courier backpack.

Thank you for reading! 

For 1, It would make sense if you only held it in you hands. The more water in the container the more chance for spillage. But, if you put it in your inventory (shirt, pants, backpack) it should spill and cause that item to become damp once they move.

For 2. I found two burlap bags before I found enough clothes to make rags to make the improvised one yesterday.

I'd like to see more ways to carry water as well, I frequently see those 12 slot waterproof bags around and think "if it can keep water out why can't it keep water in?".  I'd also like to see rain barrels become a thing in the future, something you can leave at your camp and let just nature take it's course.

For now, the gasoline canister holds 25L and one water purification tab will make it all potable so that's a good choice for farming and drinking.  You can also craft a water pouch but it's a good deal of work for half a liter of water, you're likely to find a canteen before you acquire all of the stuff to craft one.