Sign in to follow this  
thedogfoodyayho

Sa-58 Rate of fire, other weapon changes

In real life, the Vz-58 has a rate of fire of about 800 RPM. for some reason, in arma this is reduced to around 600 RPM. The rate of fire was fixed in the ArmA 2 ACE Mod, as can be seen in the video below:

Changing the rate of fire would set the Sa-58 apart from the AKM, which it is more or less identical to atm.

Speaking on the AKM...

Something that really bugs me is that the AKM was renamed to "AK-47M". In reality, no weapon known as the "AK-47M" ever existed. Actually, in the Soviet Army, the "AK-47" was designated simply as "AK", with "AK-47" being a western name for the type.

In 1959, the Soviets introduced the "AKM". Basically this was an AK-47 made out of stamped steel. The majority of AKs encountered are infact AKMs, with original "AK-47s" being extremely rare.

The model in-game is clearly an AKM, and was named as such until a few updates ago. As someone interested in guns, whenever i see the name "AK-47M", i think of cheap airsoft AKs with plastic rails attached to them - which makes me want to both laugh and cringe at the same time. My recommendation is to restore the original (correct) name if you care at all for realism. 

And, speaking of realism...

From my experience, the Mosin is only doing about 5000 damage for round, whereas the PKM and SVD (Which use the same round) do 8000. I can't be sure on this, but it seems the mosin always takes at least 3 hits to kill a player. The mosin SHOULD be doing 8000 damage, alongside the PKM, SVD, DMR, M24, M240, ect. currently it is worse to the Lee-Enfield, which fires an inferior .303 round. 

Lastly, something that makes no sense to me is the use of a British skin for the generic "Soldier Skin". This British were never in Chernarus in ArmA 2, and it really doesn't make sense that Modern British uniforms would be spawning in Chernarussian fire stations and Military bases. My suggestion is to either: 

~Replace the British skin in common lootpiles with "Camo Clothing", which is also British but less obviously so, and move "Soldier Clothing" to crash sites only, especially British crash sites. 

~Add Chernarussian (CDF) Soldier clothing in place of the British skin.

~Move British clothing to crash sites only, and add Chernarussian soldier clothing to common loot piles. This would be my preferred solution, as the CDF skins are pretty nice and fit with Chernarus's lore.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho
  • Like 1

accidentally posted in announcements, please move to Mod suggestions whenever possible.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

1 hour ago, thedogfoodyayho said:

Something that really bugs me is that the AKM was renamed to "AK-47M". In reality, no weapon known as the "AK-47M" ever existed. 

The class name for AKM was "AK_47_M", IIRC. Someone going through the config probably saw this and saw fit to "correct" the in-game description.

35 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

The class name for AKM was "AK_47_M", IIRC. Someone going through the config probably saw this and saw fit to "correct" the in-game description.

I figured that was the case myself, just wish they would do some fact checking.

7 minutes ago, thedogfoodyayho said:

I figured that was the case myself, just wish they would do some fact checking.

Indeed. These details are all clear in the manuals.

tIIlnZ7.png

• Like 3