Sign in to follow this  
Bororm

CLE: easier to get m4/mags than civilian weapons (now with expanded feedback)

14 hours ago, IMT said:

What are you guys talking about? The popular military locations I visited are pretty barren. Also, I still have to find the M4 this patch. I do find ammo on a regular basis but what good is ammo if you can't find the gun?

I like the current loot situation but I agree, military locations should still spawn less loot. But I don't want to see civilian guns increased either. There is an Improsived Bow in the game for a reason, use that.

Also you are talking about "taking a spawn" @Bororm. But yet, you are complaining about the spawn points. Just be a man and keep your original spawn point. Even better, make sure you don't die.

And on another note, the loot is getting tweaked all the time, this isn't the final situation. This game is still in development and tweaking the loot takes time because you need to gather the data and analyze it when there were new tweaks. So expect changes (some postive, some negative) throughout the development road still ahead of us.

Tisy and the NWAF have a lot of loot, and they're pretty much the closest to the NE spawns.  I'll admit I exaggerate a little bit, and they actually have seemingly reduced rifles  in .61, but I can still come out with some sort of working weapon and ammo in a lot less time than it would take me to search every corner of every house on the way.  The other night 3 of us came out of Tisy with 2 M4s and an AK101, with about 250 rounds each.  That was on a private server, not server hopping, looting the base twice.  Not limited to weapons too of course, you come out with food and the "best" clothing.

Vybor seems nearly devoid of loot every time I've gone, which is also bad because soon there will be little incentive to go there.  Stary is also underwhelming lately, but because of its location is still en route to the NW from most spawns.

I used a bow against a guy with a gun the other day near Stary, because of course it's the only weapon I had by the time I got there.  You can guess how that went, and I actually like using shit like the bow or even swords against geared players regularly.  But lets be real, the bow is a mess even with its recent buffs and they've put all this effort into multiple weapons.  Just dismissing a large portion (arguably the most prolific portion) of the game since its inception in the mod, of yes, shooting people, is not realistic.  How can anyone with a straight face suggest that the bow should be the primary weapon when the devs are showing us screenshots of RPGs and SAWs.

gimJq70.jpg

ZgzbQbF.jpg

I play in a group and our primary intent is pvp.  So taking a spawn close to my friends and close to the action is what makes sense.  We also have a base, so choosing a spawn close to it makes most sense to us.  As for dieing, it's inevitable.  I'll admit I'm not a terribly cautious player, I also enjoy only using things like magnums or izh rifles and making a challenge for myself.  The game is supposed to be a sand box and dealing with the consequences of my playstyle is fine, but every time they try to curve behavior with their loot adjustments it just ends up making the mil bases that much more lucrative and basically punishing everyone else.

That said, I don't limit my activities to pvp, my group farms and hunts and does that side of things as well.  It's actually also an issue imo, that I can farm some pumpkins and have more than enough food for my entire group in less time than it would take me to loot a town for an equivalent amount.  Pumpkins are also seemingly persistent btw, so I can even leave extras on the ground for that next run through.

h3La3fR.png

I understand things are constantly changing.  To be fair, .61 is better than .60 loot wise.  I just think some of the decisions being made are being done for the wrong reasons.  Some of it is obviously to try to promote certain behavior, but players are always going to find the most efficient way to do things no matter what you do.  If you try to force a certain playstyle to be less/more lucrative, others are going to suffer for it.  I think they should take a more hands off approach and just let things go.  Stop trying to limit loot so much in high traffic areas/the coast and instead create incentives to move in land that are more subtle.  The mod had great map flow, and it had way easier to get loot than the SA every where.  You could grab assault rifles on the coast, but people still moved to the NWAF (which only had two barracks) because you had a chance at some cool gear.

Edited by Bororm