Sign in to follow this  
GunnyITA

Episode of Desync or Cheating?

Hello

I wish to have your opinion if this episode has been a desync or cheating, because on over 1000 hours of game i've never experienced at this:

I was playing in a server of my own country, good ping and smooth, the game toolbar works smothly and weapons get handled quite immidiently.

I were on Dubki on "NIGHT SERVER", on one of the highest buildings looking at Balota, the one that is most at west! I was on prone posiotion and i'm pretty sure none knew my position and I was looking at the ladder in that moment.

I've got hit like 4 consecutive times without a miss. 4 clear shots hit my flesh without timing between each shot.....it wasn't like uhm....it wasn't like TUM - TUM - TUM, it was TUMTUMTUMTUM . And no gun sounds

So i tought..."what the f?  The closest and higher building is at 300 metres! How can you shoot a prone target without miss an hit and with a Scope that does not zoom?" There is only one building close to mine at the same altitude, but because of the prone position, you can't spot clearly a guy.

So what i've done was contact the Clanserver owners and they checked all logs and they also detected the author of the kill and it wasn't a new name for me. It was better if i didn't knew it because i had a suspicius of cheating in a previous game session with that guy.

The Server owners said that he killed me with a winchester and later the same guy has been killed by one of them when leaving a building. But they know that guy and it's a nice one. The multiple hits on the flesh are because of a desync error.

Is that true? Because as that player belong to a clan wich is twinning to the server owners, i was afraid was some sort of cover.

Does this kind of Desync exist? If it was one shot and kill....ok i was fine! But if get multiple hits in that way and admins says that it was a winchester that killed me i have a doubt.

Edited by GunnyITA

sorry, it happens. This is beta for you, but this sort of thing happens in all shooter games when  there is some lag. Dayz is bad when it comes to this. I have shot someone point blank with a shotgun to the face and saw blood fly but somehow they killed me first with one shot from a pistol. Try not to get too attached, it happens to us all.