Sign in to follow this  
Condor060

Hacks & Cheating

I am sure we don't want cheating as the new norm for DayZ but you wouldn't know it by the lack of support we get as server providers in the game. We continually find wall glitchers all over the map and we are able to identify these individuals every time they kill one of our clan members. Problem is we (as server owners) can't ban them and when we report the activity along with their steam id we get no response. If you post it on Reddit it is taken down and we can find a resource that is willing to deal with the continuing activity.

We find wall glitchers over 50% of the time we are in public high pop servers. Since Bohemia Interactive has decided to remove all rights as a server owner then they need to step up and fix the problem. Patches are like more gun control laws. They don't work. If you are not going to allow us to police our own communities then you either handle this problem by banning those who continually cheat or except the fact that DayZ is going to be a hacker/cheater based game.

Since I am hitting brick walls with our support of banning cheats I was wondering if the community has any ideas on how we can handle this.  

• Like 1

I agree you should be able to ban players who use glitches on your server from returning.

that said if you want more control now setup your server as a private server until the game is finished and hopefully most of these glitches will have been fixed by then.

of course the game will never be completely free of cheats like every other multiplayer game.