Electrolyte

Vital Things Missing from the DayZ Apocalypse

Vital Things Missing from not reading the home page

-its an alpha

-its a mod in development getting new stuff added every patch

-its an alpha

I definitely agree' date=' the survival needs to be so much harder than it is right now. And not just harder, it needs to STAY hard even after you get your gear together. Really hope the focus of the updates will be on buffing the difficulty of PvE, maybe it'll force some of these PKers to either switch to a different game because of frustration or actually start to do some PvE too (mind you, not against PvP but in its current extreme state it really is ruining the game for me).

[/quote']

It is difficult for me to organize things using the PvP/PvE categories, I think because these terms attempt to split the DayZ experience in two. I know these categories are used to help people communicate based on other game experiences, but personally it is difficult for me to split the game in half and then stick the two parts together again.

My suggestion would be to make PvE and PvP equal influences on your ability to survive, until the two are indistinguishable. Sounds a bit abstract, but that's why I try to avoid using abstract concepts.

Yes' date=' more zeds, less military loot. But also 'skill specialties' for each player (choice at spawn?). No one has all the skills needed for survival, for example medical, agricultural, military, mechanical, electronics, subspecialties in each. Only one major skill per player, possibly a low-grade version of a second, but it should take years to gain a major skill.

You could still go it alone, but you'd think twice about shooting on sight, as you would in real life. Does that other player have a skill you need?

[/quote']

I really like the idea of humans being more valuable than just the loot in their backpack and the gun in their hands, or at least allowing the potential for such added value.

If there were going to be skills, I'd definitely prefer it is born out of the gear you find. That way you have to prove to others you are worth more than a day's food supply.

I am all for zombies being a lot harder. But they shouldn't cheat and zig zag with super human speed.

All you need now is an M1911 or a revolver for zombie defense. Rarely primaries are used against zombies.

Don't forget:

Diabetes

AIDS

Cancer

Obesity

Stubbed toes

Hangnails

Pink-eye

Scurvy

Hemorrhoids

Diarrhea

Botulism

Insanity

Schitzophenia

Blindness

Deafness

Limb amputations

Sexual frustration

STDs

Male Pattern Baldness

Menstrual cycles for female characters

Unplanned pregnancies

The common cold

Don't forget:

Diabetes

AIDS

Cancer

Obesity

Stubbed toes

Hangnails

Pink-eye

Scurvy

Hemorrhoids

Diarrhea

Botulism

Insanity

Schitzophenia

Blindness

Deafness

Limb amputations

Sexual frustration

STDs

Male Pattern Baldness

Menstrual cycles for female characters

Unplanned pregnancies

The common cold

I remembered several of those I thought. Insanity would be freaky especially if you squad up with friends, although I wouldn't now how to simulate it aside from dropping all of your gear and running endlessly towards the coast in your whitey-tighties or randomly firing in the direction of the nearest target friendly or not.

Right exactly. The priorities for anyone playing DayZ the survival sim should be:

1) Try to survive

2) Try to survive

3) Try to survive

4) Try to survive

Priorities for DayZ the post-apocalypse second life:

1) Find transportation

2) Go to camp and shift loot around

3) Go kill survivors for more loot or just for fun

4) Upon dying' date=' complain when bugs prevent 1-3 from going smoothly 100% of the time

The second set of priorities apply to 1.7.1.5.

[/quote']

At first I thought you were just trolling, but this right here is the Truth. The only amendment I would make is that for me dayz has always played like Post Apocalype Second Life. Explains perfectly why I got bored of this game after a week. Still hanging around hoping something good will come out of all this in the end, but, uh, not holding my breath or anything.

Also, I still think the first post is a glorified troll. I mean, those are some ridiculous suggestions.

I say that EVERYTHING should be reset. Everyone needs to die. All tents need to be destroyed. Vehicles need to blow up. And then we can have truly frantic experiences. Everyone running through Cherno looking for a gun while packs of wild dogs roam, looking to kill you. You shoot at the dogs and now youre dealing with 20 zombies, who you now dont have enough ammo for. Airfields wil be hell holes and players will have no choice but to go there for guns. And this should be a regular thing maybe every 2 months the whole game is reset. I would have no problem losing my Coyote backpack and M16 just so this cn happen along with the OPs ideas. This would be a true apocalypse. And all servers should be either day or night at the same time everywhere. This could be reversed every week or so, to make it day for other timezones.

Im in a clan and Im honestly tired of being oversaturated with loot

you could just imagine people fighting hordes of zeds while trying to scavenge for the now precious makarov.Oh and everyone should respawn at the beach to an

At first I thought you were just trolling' date=' but this right here is the Truth. The only amendment I would make is that for me dayz has always played like Post Apocalype Second Life. Explains perfectly why I got bored of this game after a week. Still hanging around hoping something good will come out of all this in the end, but, uh, not holding my breath or anything.

Also, I still think the first post is a glorified troll. I mean, those are some ridiculous suggestions.

[/quote']

The point of the thread is to suggest that the player should not be able to gain full control of their life at any time because then the mod only serves as a free-form role playing sandbox, which would be fine if all of the bugs were fixed and private servers were available and all new features were built around that concept. I don't think many D&D GM's welcome random strangers into their games or expect quests to be consistently thwarted by uncontrollable factors while having no tools at their dispense to make things right, and for good reason. Anyway if it's supposed to be a role playing sandbox, then don't mislead people to think it's a survival sim.

The ideas I suggested are are aimed at combating the bugs and exploits and other distractions because the bugs aren't being fixed very fast (for good reasons I'm sure, hosting a database with 100k active users is more than a single full time job) and there has been a lot of chatter about adding social features when they will at best contribute to even more ease of survival as of 1.7.1.5. I sincerely hope that DayZ will return to a survival sim filled with unique experiences and stories and learning for its creators and players alike, that's the only way I have enjoyed it so far.

Needs more super fast zombie that's doesn't loose aggro and cannot die that's spawning already aggroed on you somewhere on the map the moment you spawn on the coast.

I say that EVERYTHING should be reset. Everyone needs to die. All tents need to be destroyed. Vehicles need to blow up. And then we can have truly frantic experiences. Everyone running through Cherno looking for a gun while packs of wild dogs roam' date=' looking to kill you. You shoot at the dogs and now youre dealing with 20 zombies, who you now dont have enough ammo for. Airfields wil be hell holes and players will have no choice but to go there for guns. And this should be a regular thing maybe every 2 months the whole game is reset. I would have no problem losing my Coyote backpack and M16 just so this cn happen along with the OPs ideas. This would be a true apocalypse. And all servers should be either day or night at the same time everywhere. This could be reversed every week or so, to make it day for other timezones.

Im in a clan and Im honestly tired of being oversaturated with loot

you could just imagine people fighting hordes of zeds while trying to scavenge for the now precious makarov.Oh and everyone should respawn at the beach to an

[/quote']

Yes yes yes yes yes! Glad to see someone in a clan agreeing with this.

What's more exciting: Shooting the fellow with a hatchet from a treeline and waiting 10 minutes for the next to show up, or praying he'll silently dispatch an angry K-9 before it infects you with all kinds of nasty dog disease?