Sign in to follow this  
Tavit

Questions From a Noob

I've tried looking at various beginner guides, but they all say the same thing and don't really address the questions I have.

I just have a few questions.

1. As I'm running around a town, I try and open as many doors as possible but NONE seem to want to open. I was under the impression that most of the game was explorable. Did I install the game incorrectly, or are most of the doors/buildings inaccessible?

2. As I was running for my life, per usual since I don't understand the concept of stealth apparently, I come across a hatchet stuck in a log. Again, was that item simply not usable or did I install the game incorrectly?

I'm a little paranoid about whether or not my game is working correctly mainly because I had so many errors I had to fix before playing.

Thanks in advance!

only certain buildings can be opened/closed, for the most part buildings are scenery check porches though, some of them have loot spawn locations.

The axe in the log is scenery, not usable. the red "fireman's axe" or Hatchet that is laying on the ground IS usable.

1. Sadly, not all buildings can be entered, only ones that have windows where you can clearly see into it. Mouse three down when you see a green symbol on the middle of your screen. <|> or >|<.

2. Most likely that was a decorative item, most hatchets you would fine would be laying on the ground somewhere, scroll your mousewheel, if nothing appears to pick up, than most likely it's for aesthics.

In a decent village, you'll find around two or three accessible locations, no more, no less. Why? Well, this is a modification, thus it relies on ARMA II. ARMA II was created like this, hence the above.

If you see a scrolling option on an item, that means they're useable and may be picked up. Scroll and press "Gear" or "Take ..." to take an item.

really wish u could enter more houses. but it is an alpha and im sure almost everything will change from now to release.