pretonic

Lock/Board up doors

I think it would be nice to be able to lock or board a door up. But if you lock it, all players can still get in(that is implemented so trolls don't go around locking all doors preventing any access to loot). This is here to merely keep zombies away from you. They of course would be able to break in eventually and the chances of a lock spawning would be very low and only in certain locations. Boarding up a door is also a viable option. Sense wood is a lot more common, either make it weaker(boarding up doors would only give a player enough time to bandage himself) or have there be a new loot that is only for boarding up doors. Like hammer and nails(can be put in a toolbox).

... errr' date=' ill let a far more serious game face rip this apart

[/quote']

Yea i edited the post and put in my real idea.

lol i can see

yea that seems like a cool idea, a few others have posted similiar tings but i really cant see it being developed properly until they open up more buildings.

Tis kinda of annoying really cuz ye can go on other arma2 maps and loads of ze buildings are open :(

lol i can see

yea that seems like a cool idea' date=' a few others have posted similiar tings but i really cant see it being developed properly until they open up more buildings.

Tis kinda of annoying really cuz ye can go on other arma2 maps and loads of ze buildings are open :(

[/quote']

Yea that was one of my cons on this idea. Maybe later in development?:-/

The issue with the buildings is more of a problem with ArmA. Most of the buildings are just not accessible. To fix this someone would have to mod out every building and change them to have doors and windows. This isn't impossible and I think it has already been done. Its just a matter of doing it or adding in the mod information to do it. It is one of my bigger qualms being unable to enter most buildings but I leave it alone as I know that ArmA is just that way.

This has already been suggested!

But yes +1' date=' great idea!

I have it mentioned in my Wishlist / Suggestion thread as well, check it out if ya like!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18229

Thanks

[/quote']

I had a good feeling that this was already mentioned, but I thought I might throw in some of my own ideas on the subject.

The issue with the buildings is more of a problem with ArmA. Most of the buildings are just not accessible. To fix this someone would have to mod out every building and change them to have doors and windows. This isn't impossible and I think it has already been done. Its just a matter of doing it or adding in the mod information to do it. It is one of my bigger qualms being unable to enter most buildings but I leave it alone as I know that ArmA is just that way.

Its annoying though because ye go on some of the other arma maps and theyve got town/cities as big if not bigger that are fully open :(

I know itd still be effort to transfer it over though.

Im just hoping the arma 3/dayZ map will be as open as some of there other arma maps

This is definitely possible, but looking at the ARMA Engine, its gonna require a rethink at how buildings are approached, which means a lot of work. For such a small mechanic in a Zombie Apocalypse Simulator, I say fake it until they can make it, and the mechanic itself actually exists, Barbwire fences.

People really need to start using the search engine. As this has been suggested before.

and you really need to read all of the comments. I was just giving my suggestions on the matter.

This is definitely possible' date=' but looking at the ARMA Engine, its gonna require a rethink at how buildings are approached, which means a lot of work. For such a small mechanic in a Zombie Apocalypse Simulator, I say fake it until they can make it, and the mechanic itself actually exists, Barbwire fences.

[/quote']

I still have high hopes for it though!