DannyG18

I'm A New Player

Hello there my fellow survivors,

I am about to play this game in 1hours time after my dinner.

Seen some youtube videos, looks AWESOME! Can't wait to start playing.

I would like some help and do's/dont's of the game etc..

Please add me on skype if you want to chat over mic etc... danny.green4

See you all in game! :)

Welcome.

Yeah as a fellow new player all i can tell (as for now, lack experiance still aswell) don't go into this game with the mindset to shoot up zombies. I made this mistake in the beginning.

The game is about survival at any cost.

This means only use your weapon as a last resort. Its better to be stealthy and avoid conflict as much as possible. Shooting zombies will attract other zombies and more importantly... other players that are out to steal your precious can of beans.

That is... if you choose the survivor path.

If you go and play as a bandit, roaming the big cities for kills and good loot, be aware that this part of the game is very competative and be prepared to not get too attached to gear, and die a lot especially when you just started to play this mod.

Again i lack experiance due to the fact that im in this mod of a couple of days, but thats my experiance so far.

Edit: Oh and btw. Use this map, its been a ton of help for me so far.

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.042.116

hmmm, I suppose my viewpoint is: "When you see a player, shoot first, ask questions later, as that is how they will react to you"

I know that people call such people bandits, but seriously, who the hell would actually mean it if they get the question "friend or foe?" its all about being backstabbed and backstabbing people, so yeah, don't get attached to gear, and 2ndly: if you find a player ingame that you have not known before and they act friendly, they will only do so until they get ammunition for their weapon/you let your guard down around them.

I advice you to play it with friends from other games, such as minecraft, WoW or any other game where you actually have bonded with friends and talk over TS/mumble/Vent

Again, do not get attached to gear, you will loose it and you will die, many times

and 2ndly: if you find a player ingame that you have not known before and they act friendly' date=' they will only do so until they get ammunition for their weapon/you let your guard down around them.[/quote']

Not entirely true. If you meet me by any chance i wont pull the trigger.

I only have done once and that was when a player in Cherno, near the hospital, sneaked up on me with a AK47 after i had to shoot a zombie that was attacking me. He was obviously trying to find and kill me. Only at that point i will retaliate.

But i guess 90% of the times you are right. I have been killed a lot by other players indeed due to the fact i 'trusted' them.

while talking about killing/being killed, I personally shot my first survivor in the manner of him running into the balota control tower followed by about 5 zombies which I put down for him. He carried an MP5SD and aimed at me furiously while screaming "FRIEND OR FOE!!!"!"!!=?"

ANYONE would say friend in that case, and I caught him taking aim on my friend, that was also with me, later on. This lead to me (standing behind him, while he was prone-aiming at my friend) to pull out my Makarov and give him a full clip in his back. Call it being an ass, bandit or w/e, but I was first and foremost with my friend, which I happen to know and was communicating with over TS, and we look out for each other. Sure, he could have just aimed to see his name, but why take the risk?

Avoid Cherno, Elektro and NW airfield like the plague, they're riddled with dimwits

Are you planning on being a survivor or a bandit?