Acouex

Computer Specs?

Hey guys, recently got Arma II, and the dayZ mod and thought my computer could run it, except the graphics which was causing alot of lag even running on really low, I have updated to a Radeon HD 6450 which is enough I think for normal graphics and play has become more fluent but every now and then it keeps lagging sometimes for a second or two and sometimes more like 10 seconds and its really annoying at first I thought it was the server, but it happened on any server im on and people I have talked to have said they dont recieve lag and ive watched videos on youtube where people arn't lagging. So im assuming its either my CPU or Ram needs upgrading ideally both but which would be the most affective one now? I currently have 2GB ram, and AMD Athlon 64 x 2 5200+ @ 2.7ghz

any suggestions? any help would be much apprecieted :)

I'm running all maxed out except for antialiasing / anisiotropic filters on the following rig:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHZ

AMD/ATI HD6870 1GB

12GB RAM Corsair XMS3 1600MHz

Looking at your rig, i may suggest to increase your ram amout (it's relatively cheap nowadays) at 4 or better 8 GB.

Intel SandyBridge i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz

16 GB (4 x 4) DDR3 RAM

2 x Nvidia 550Ti - 2gb DDR5 each

Smoothe as melted butter.

Upgrade GFX card get more ram at lest 4GB also the Radeon HD 6450 is really rubbish for gaming.

CLOSE THE SIX LAUNCHER WHEN PLAYING, trust me i had this issue and then it immediately stopped right when i closed the launcher in game. let me know how this works :D

Even with great hardware, do not expect too much in terms of performance.

The Arma engines have been notorious for being an unoptimized mess. With decent hardware, it's probably playable, but with the last 3 rigs I have had, the performance on the games have been subpar of what you would expect for a machine of that quality.

I just hope they fix it with A3.

AMD Phenom II x6 1065t @ 4.1 ghz (1.5125v)

4 gb Ram @ 1856 mhz

2 x ATI 6850 in xfire.

Play the game on max everything, 60+ FPS on most servers, some servers i can't hit higher than 40 though.

its your CPU thats killing you most of all and your ram second. The AMD X2 series is very much obsolete now with the current generation/CPU intensive games on the market.

Simply put, its time to upgrade to around the i5 generation grade/AMD FX at the very least.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions will upgrade my ram soon, I think I will have to upgrade my power supply too and possibly cooling system. Also turned off sixlauncher aswell and does run better :)