D3AD_S1L3NT

Zombies act more like zombies.

We all know if there really were zombies in real life, that they would most likely be brain dead.

Now if someone was brain dead, it would have an effect on everyday actions, such as climbing ladders and opening doors.

So my suggestion is to make the zombies more like zombies (i know this is easier said than done but it would add that "realism" this mod is trying to reach). What i mean by this is currently, zombies can open doors and climb ladders, and many other things, which isnt something a braindead creature is capible of doing.

Also, zombies run fast as shit. I mean obviously their muscles are dead, so they shouldnt run faster than a sprinting survivor, like they currently do.

~silent

I've cared for patients who are "brain dead" and they lay in a bed all day and have to be fed through a tube and have a machine breath for them.

If you want to describe the zombies as the "Max Brooks/George Romero style shamblers" do that, "brain dead" implies a lot more than "living dead".

I've cared for patients who are "brain dead" and they lay in a bed all day and have to be fed through a tube and have a machine breath for them.

If you want to describe the zombies as the "Max Brooks/George Romero style shamblers" do that' date=' "brain dead" implies a lot more than "living dead".

[/quote']

You are supposed to understand what i mean by brain dead. All they should be able to do is run/walk and other verrryyyyy basic activities.

~silent

We all know if there really were zombies in real life' date=' that they would most likely be brain dead.

Now if someone was brain dead, it would have an effect on everyday actions, such as climbing ladders and opening doors.

So my suggestion is to make the zombies more like zombies (i know this is easier said than done but it would add that "realism" this mod is trying to reach). What i mean by this is currently, zombies can open doors and climb ladders, and many other things, which isnt something a braindead creature is capible of doing.

Also, zombies run fast as shit. I mean obviously their muscles are dead, so they shouldnt run faster than a sprinting survivor, like they currently do.

~silent

[/quote']

This is a terrible post. Zombies behaviours are indicative of the movie / book / game they're from.

ZOMBIES ARE NOT REAL!

There are no grounds to say what a zombie should and/or should not do, it is all in the perception of the creator.

We all know if there really were zombies in real life' date=' that they would most likely be brain dead.

~silent

[/quote']

Zombies are a work of pure fiction. There is no "if there were zombies in real life", because there AREN'T zombies in real life. Every fiction has it's own rules for zombies. Many fictions will share similar traits, sometimes just a few, sometimes many; but just as many stories will share opposite traits about zombies from another group of stories. So there is no set "how a zombie acts".

The zombies in this game are NOT the living dead. They are infected humans with a virus that drives them towards hostility; think 28 Days Later's rage virus.

They are NOT zombies, they are infected, and as such (Infected in early stages of disease development) they are extremely agile/strong.

That is a paraphrased summary of what rocket (developer and creator) has said before

I was actually just going to create a thread about this and I agree. Zombies do not run all around and climb up ladders and open doors. They try and break down doors but in any movie, the are slow as hell. The zombies in the game move to rapidly and jerk all over the place which make it impossible to shoot them without fully auto or waiting until they are up on you.

Honestly I do not know why rocket would want to make zombies run inside buildings. This game would be lame if he did that. With zombies chasing you, you cannot change weapons or bandage yourself without running into a building to buy you a bit more time.

~silent

[/quote']

This is a terrible post. Zombies behaviours are indicative of the movie / book / game they're from.

ZOMBIES ARE NOT REAL!

There are no grounds to say what a zombie should ad/or should not do, it is all in the perception of the creator.

Its common knowlege that zombies are living dead, which means their brains are shrivled up and dead and their eyes are rolled back and you shouls know the rest if you have a brain yourself.

~silent

They are NOT zombies' date=' they are infected, and as such (Infected in early stages of disease development) they are extremely agile/strong.

That is a paraphrased summary of what rocket (developer and creator) has said before

[/quote']

Then why is it called Day(Z). Why are zombies refered to as zeds? Most people when they are infected with a disease their body starts to shut down which makes them not as mobile.

I was actually just going to create a thread about this and I agree. Zombies do not run all around and climb up ladders and open doors. They try and break down doors but in any movie' date=' the are slow as hell. The zombies in the game move to rapidly and jerk all over the place which make it impossible to shoot them without fully auto or waiting until they are up on you.

Honestly I do not know why rocket would want to make zombies run inside buildings. This game would be lame if he did that. With zombies chasing you, you cannot change weapons or bandage yourself without running into a building to buy you a bit more time.

[/quote']

Go watch 28 days later.

Zombies running in buildings would make this game more fun. The fact that they walk so god damn slow in buildings makes this game to easy.

They are NOT zombies' date=' they are infected, and as such (Infected in early stages of disease development) they are extremely agile/strong.

[/quote']

EVERYONE AGREEING WITH THIS THREAD, please read the above 50 times.

Thank you.

~silent

[/quote']

ZOMBIES ARE NOT REAL!

There are no grounds to say what a zombie should ad/or should not do, it is all in the perception of the creator.

Its common knowlege that zombies are living dead, which means their brains are shrivled up and dead and their eyes are rolled back and you shouls know the rest if you have a brain yourself.

~silent

Tell that to the guy that got his face eaten off in Miami...

Think of the infection as super-rabies rather than super-limes disease.

I think this game could be interesting with Romero-style Zs, but right now, it has Danny Boyle-style zombies, which have their own drawbacks and positives.

~silent

[/quote']

Really?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4u7oDznVCqWPkR1OYFM_mVnqF1N-FkGWoSmvBGoMQZ5uSnV6O3w

Holy shit this was meant to be a suggestion, not a place for all your douchebaggery, take that elsewhere. This suggestion is for what people think (yes or no) not a thread for lowlifes to get into internet fights.

Thanks,

~silent

I still kind of agree that the zombies (yes...they are zombies. Calling them "infected" does not take away the fact that they are still zombies.) should not be able to open doors and climb ladders. My argument to that is that these are "high level functions" which I believe they should not be capable of. Monkeys open doors and climb ladders but you don't see them eating off human faces or trying to kill us. I can't think of a single creature that can climb a ladder or open a door that has the aggression to kill a human or lacks "high level function" in their brains.

However...I concede the fact that zombies are a work of fiction and as such are left open to interpretation by the writer/developer of the story or in this case, game. I still feel that it would make more sense and feel more genuine if they could not open doors or climb ladders but I will defer to the dev in this case as it could go either way depending on how he wants zombies to behave in his world.

Personally I think it would be more fun if they couldn't because if a zombie is banging on a door, it means he is making a lot of noise and drawing in more zombies. Hiding in a building could become a very bad idea were this the case as you have limited ammo to kill them if too many "come a knockin". Pun intended. Same goes for ladders. Gathering zombies around the base of whatever you are on top of could become more of a problem then just running away.

I think if zombies couldn't climb ladders this game would be great. Think of it this way, if zombies couldn't climb, the survivors up the ladder would be stuck up there until someone helps them out or the lob a grenade. One more way to get the community working together.

*Sigh* Lore does not permit this..... Rocket hates it when you refer to the infected as zombies.... DAY-"Z" is just used to get more people to play.... thought the infected are zombie-like they ARE NOT zombies (Case Closed)

*Sigh* Lore does not permit this..... Rocket hates it when you refer to the infected as zombies.... DAY-"Z" is just used to get more people to play.... thought the infected are zombie-like they ARE NOT zombies (Case Closed)

Case closed according to who?

okay whatever.... the ZEDS (DAY-Z) should not be able to climb ladders and open doors.

~silent

I agree with OP.

Lets just make zombies lay on the ground in awe since they are now more realistic and literally brain-dead.

This game would be shooting fish in a barrel if they couldn't climb ladders open doors or swim.

I Swear you guys never even bother to think about these suggestions.

Maybe the zeds are confused within limited confines which is why they move slowly in-doors, a disadvantage that is responsible for the tendency to congregate outside more frequently? (Just a possible explanation to satisfy those annoyed with the gap in continuity)

Zombie behaviour is plot sensitive. Think of the Zed as new superzombie that evolved from the 28 days later virus and you'll sleep better at night