Swineflew

I'm a shoot on site murderer. AMA.

I kill everyone I see, either by stealth, manipulation, or any means necessary.

A lot of players seem to hate players like me.

Some people don't understand players like me.

Ask me anything I'll respond as honestly as I can.

I'll ignore troll questions like "account number/password" stuff like that.

I'm on my phone so responses might be slow till around 4eastern when I get home.

why do you think we care?

Unlike you I don't presume to know what people think or care about. I'm bored' date=' have some downtime so thought I may answer some questions.

I guess I could let general discussion be filled with "pvp iz killing game" threads, but I thought an AMA might be interesting.

If people aren't interested the thread will die, if they are it will go on until people don't care anymore.

[hr']

Where did you learn that "site" and "sight" are interchangeable?

Damn you' date=' Tyrog!!!

[/quote']

I learned it at iPhone school of typos.

Just a mistake. Nothing more and nothing less.

Thanks for answering my important question. Now, what do you mean by manipulate? Do you pretend to be friendly under the guise of killing when their guard drops?

What do you get out of kos? What provides thrill and tension in this?

I can absolutely understand this in arma2, or project reality, where you actually have to outsmart your enemy, have to be faster, better and more effective. However, why people shoot anyone (even, or especially unarmed noobs) they meet in a post-apocalyptic survival setting is beyond me. Please explain, I truly do not get that. I always thought the thrill in a survival game comes from the interaction with other players not from avoiding that interaction.

Thanks.

Yea. I'll say I'm friendly or if I see them and I'm not in a position to kill them I'll tell them I need help or point them in the direction of supplies that don't exist to get them in a better situation for me to kill them.

So I guess I'm not a kill on sight so to speak, but I fully intent to kill everyone that I see or interact with. Unless of course I think the situation is too risky then I'll go hide.

I've been shooting anyone I see that isn't my friend in TS and killing them for quite some time. In fact, I hunt players.

So... I don't think you're a rarity.

Why do I do it? Because it's alpha. Because it's not a real game yet and things change constantly and are always being fixed. Because that gun you have now you can lose to bugs/hackers/anything.

That's why.

Do I want to work with others in a survivor situation? Hell yeah it's far more fun.

The game isn't ready yet or balanced enough to make it mean anything at this point though. So I get gear... and at this point I've had vehicles... any gear I can think of for the most part. and I simply just kill other players for fun.

That's about it. Everyone else will do the same when you realize you've gotten what you need.. and the next step is... well.. hunting players for sport.

What do you get out of kos? What provides thrill and tension in this?

I can absolutely understand this in arma2' date=' or project reality, where you actually have to outsmart your enemy, have to be faster, better and more effective. However, why people shoot anyone (even, or especially unarmed noobs) they meet in a post-apocalyptic survival setting is beyond me. Please explain, I truly do not get that. I always thought the thrill in a survival game comes from the interaction with other players not from avoiding that interaction.

Thanks.

[/quote']

For me anything that I can't control is a threat and I play to keep myself alive. It's me vs the world. That guy with no gun could have a better pack, a knife, or any of number of things that I could use.

I don't mind killing someone like that because I was in that same position and I know that you can overcome it alone. I actually feel worse killing someone who is armed to the teeth with great gear because of the time put into it.

I have a shoot on sight if I don't know you mentality as well after meeting folks like yourself too many times. Seems to be catching on, as most folks don't even bother taking the risk anymore. Personally I am against the dynamic this game seems to be taking as a result. So while I can't bash people for SoS, I do think that pretending to be friendly and shooting people is a bit...cowardly and lame tbh. Do you disagree with that assessment?

So... I don't think you're a rarity.

I wouldn't consider myself a rarity, but I do feel like players who don't play a kos style or "villain/bad guy" don't understand it and may have questions.

I enjoy being the bad guy, an obstacle to overcome. Ive played more games than I can count where I'm the good guy. I enjoy being evil when I can be.

I've got a question for you:

Why do you bother playing a full on army simulator only to "kill" while there's tons of games out there that are build around "just killing".

To me it seems you cannot coop with the level of skill in games that are -all- about killing, so you go play a game that offers a whole set of options to players so you can "kill" them while they are doing those other things the game has to offer.

And even worse, you as a "100% killer" can't begin to wrap your head around why people who do 20% explore/20% socializing/ect in a game that is completely build for this kind of gameplay get annoyed with having to deal with "100% killing" people.

It's like this; You say you like rollercoasters, but are too afraid to go to an actual themepark that is ALL about rollercoasters, so instead you go to the little carnival down the street and hog the children's rollercoaster ride. And then when some of the other kids come ask you if you could stop riding the rollercoaster all the time, you think you can say no because in your mind "rollercoasters are best" and "I'm in charge of the rollercoaster all the time" so "I'm the person who everyone needs to listen to" even though all the other kids don't care one fucking bit about your goddamn rollercoaster and just want that noise to stop so they can play catch, hide and seek or whatever without having to worry about this noisy flashy train being forced down their throats everytime you decide to take it for a ride.

I have a shoot on sight if I don't know you mentality as well after meeting folks like yourself too many times. Seems to be catching on' date=' as most folks don't even bother taking the risk anymore. Personally I am against the dynamic this game seems to be taking as a result. So while I can't bash people for SoS, I do think that pretending to be friendly and shooting people is a bit...cowardly and lame tbh. Do you disagree with that assessment?

[/quote']

I can understand how you feel like its cowardly and lame, but from my mindset it's stupid that people can trust someone simply buy saying "friendly".

I can't imagine anyone being asked "fof" an saying foe and risk getting shot in the face.

I play a lot of APB reloaded and I used to play a lot of tf2. I like the strategy and open endedness of this game. Ive actually been playing a lot more APB recently than dayz to be honest.

I enjoy the survival theme of dayz. I don't mind being patient and biding time and gearing up and pitting myself against everyone I meet. I dont really consider shoot on sight a skill so to speak. I like to think that I strategize enough to be in a better position than someone else. I'm not going to say I'm a better fps person than anyone I kill, but I did gain the upper hand in some way.

I have a shoot on sight if I don't know you mentality as well after meeting folks like yourself too many times. Seems to be catching on' date=' as most folks don't even bother taking the risk anymore. Personally I am against the dynamic this game seems to be taking as a result. So while I can't bash people for SoS, I do think that pretending to be friendly and shooting people is a bit...cowardly and lame tbh. Do you disagree with that assessment?

[/quote']

I can understand how you feel like its cowardly and lame, but from my mindset it's stupid that people can trust someone simply buy saying "friendly".

I can't imagine anyone being asked "fof" an saying foe and risk getting shot in the face.

Well most people that have no intention of being friendly don't say a word. Claiming to be friendly just to shoot someone when they sigh with relief and lower their guard is the very epitome of cowardly behavior. Deception may be a playstyle that gives you some kicks now, but eventually the landscape around you may change so that there are no more people to deceive or that you have no way to play that style because everyone will shoot to kill as soon as they spot you. This is a very important time in developing the community, and you may want to consider the long term repercussions of ruining so many people's perception of other players.

I kill everyone I see' date=' either by stealth, manipulation, or any means necessary.

A lot of players seem to hate players like me.

Some people don't understand players like me.

Ask me anything I'll respond as honestly as I can.

I'll ignore troll questions like "account number/password" stuff like that.

I'm on my phone so responses might be slow till around 4eastern when I get home.

[/quote']

Oh, really?

Bandit Campfire Subforum ---> http://dayzmod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=28

@Swineflew - Well said, sir.

I think the OP talking about rollercoasters had a bad experience at a theme park as a child. That's all I could make of his rambling.

I had thought about posting in the campfire section but it seemed like it was a bunch of recruiting threads and didn't really feel like the right place for an AMA.

I'm not restricting these questions to be bandit related at all.

[/quote']

The only thing I'm reading is "per definition I don't trust people on the internet". Which is completely fine on it's own.

But then I just don't understand why you choose to go play a game that is ALL about these mindgames when you've clearly already closed yourself from it AND with the knowledge there's games that have set "who do I need to trust" in stone by having teams, no friendly fire, small maps, instant respawn, ect.

I play a lot of team games, but games like this im allowed to be bad. I'm allowed I lie cheat and steal.

It's not very often you get games that allow such brutal play styles.

I can go home right now and play 100 different games that don't allow me to the things I can in dayz. Death doesn't mean anything in most games, eve comes to mind as another game I enjoy.

I like being the villian. It's hard to put into words but I like games that have punishments for dying. I'm not a fan of pvp with no penalty of death.

... or any means necessary. ...

Does "any means necessary" include disconnecting if you're going to lose and/or server hopping for easy loot?

If the answer is no then I do not hate you. I would gladly accept a death at your hands. If the answer is yes...well...

You are experiencing very little of the game with this play-style.

These methods would mostly only work on lone wolves.

I wouldn't say positioning takes intelligence in this game.

Sounds quite boring with the occasional "kill rush".