Sign in to follow this  
thefriendlydutchman

Modding: Arma mod for DayZ Standalone

Would love to see someone mod into some tanks, an loadout and an editor, because honestly I think DayZ Standalone could be an excellent Arma game, the oldui in itself is revolutionary  (I mean.. look at arma 3's Ui it sucks)

NOTE: this suggestion is for when mod support is added into the game.

Edited by thefriendlydutchman

Oh God. Make DayZ into a military simulator. And then somebody would take that military mod and turn it into a zombie mod... ad infinitum...

Yeah, that'd be kind of interesting to see. I'm keen to see what the community comes up with when modding is finally made available.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

Oh God. Make DayZ into a military simulator. And then somebody would take that military mod and turn it into a zombie mod... ad infinitum...

Yeah, that'd be kind of interesting to see. I'm keen to see what the community comes up with when modding is finally made available.

Its kinda a reverse thing :p

Arma made DayZ mod

so DayZ should make an Arma mod :D

plus imagine the possibilities with the excellent clothing system this game has

Arma already exists, but I am sure somebody will eventually make the mod you are talking about. DayZ was special because it was different from everything out there.

On the flip-side of that, you can already play the Chernarus map in Arma and essentially have the same thing you are looking for now. There are many popular Arma 3 mods similar to the "Overpoch" mods of Arma 2. I don't know a huge amount about modding in Arma, but I'm sure there is some kind of mod that improves the UI.