[TAW] GunRunner

DayZ Hunger Games Event - March 12th

Hey everybody!

Everybody knows the 0.60 patch should be coming out soon. Hopefully everybody knows that there will be a wipe along with it. Since our community has put so much time into gathering gear on our private hive we didnt want it to go to waste. We decided to load up all the trucks and head to Novo where we will be hosting a Hunger Games style event. Best of all, everybody is invited! So if you are interested in taking part in this massive event, please read below!

DayZ Hunger Games!

Day: Saturday March 12, 2016
Time: 3:00pm EST, 8:00pm GMT
Server: TAW.net Private Server
Password: will be announced on day of event

Basics:

• The server will be locked from now until the event ends.
  • Event will be held on the TAW Private Server and will require a password to join.
  • Once the event begins, all players are only to use in-game communications. You may team up with another player, but must ONLY use in game chat throughout the event.
  • NO Respawns. Once you die you will be asked to leave the server. If you refuse you will be banned.
  • Last player standing is the winner.

Event Specifics:

• You must show up as a fresh spawn and be wearing nothing but your shoes when the event begins.
  • We will open the server to all participants approximately 2 hours before the event begins to allow you to transit. Vehicles will be traveling from Solnichny to Novo.
  • Gear will be dumped in a central area and everybody will spread out evenly in a circle around it.
  • When the event begins, you can choose to rush the middle to get a head start or you can run away from the chaos that will happen immediately.
  • All participants must remain within the pre-determined boundaries or face disqualification.
  • Novo Tower, all tents, and all vehicles in the area are OFF LIMITS at all times and should not be entered.
  • Hidden stashes and their locations will be announced periodically throughout the event.
  • When the number of participants start to decrease, the Area of Operation will shrink. There will be multiple phases, and upon announcement you will have 10-15 minutes to move into the condensed area. If you do not make it you will be disqualified.
  • The area will continue to decrease in size as time progresses to keep the competition interesting and to discourage camping.
  • ANY RULE BREAKERS WILL BE BANNED FROM THE SERVER

Since we have limited space, and we expect there to be more interest than the server can hold we are asking everybody to REGISTER for the event. At the time of this posting, we have around 15 slots available. We may not be able to take everybody who signs up, but we will go through the list and reach out to as many people as we can possibly fit in. Sorry if you don't get chosen this time around, we'll try to get you in our next one!

Edited by gunrunner
  • Like 1

What date and time is this? I need to know before I take a slot since I may be unavailable. 

• Like 1

Its Saturday March 12th at 3pm EST/8pm GMT (about 14.5 hours from this post). I edited the topic so it would be easier to read :)

Edited by gunrunner
  • Like 1

Just a heads up that there are a couple slots remaining. The event is scheduled to begin in approximately 4 hours and 20 mins from this post and we will begin moving people to the location 2 hours before the event begins.

:)

The event is officially over :) Thank you to everybody who signed up. Like I said before, if we weren't able to get you into this one we will do our best to get you in the next one if you sign up :)

Players are listed in the order of their deaths. Key: The Art of Warfare, LOST Boyz, GrumpyPcGamers, BlackSkull Mercenaries, No Group/Unspecified

30. Thamata (killed by Nymeouz with Sawed-Off Mosin)
29. AllaPaul (killed by Kevlar with Magnum)
28. Arrow (killed by Santa Fox with Glock19)
27. Juvix (killed by Traplord with Magnum)
26. Thomas (killed by Kevlar with IZH Shotgun)
25. Shady (killed by Kevlar with IZH Shotgun)
24. Newmy (killed by Kevlar with IZH Shotgun)
23. Yorkie (killed by Mono with Woodcutting Axe)
22. Muhx (killed by CowInBush with SKS)
21. Benizzle (killed by CowInBush with SKS)
20. TuranArek (killed by CowInBush with AKM)
19. Logic (killed by Stera with Sawed-off Shotgun)
18. Santa Fox (killed by Stera with 1911)
17. Mono (killed by Kevlar with IZH Shotgun)
16. Bokeen (killed by MadManMichael with MP5)
15. Nymeouz (killed by Steph with AKM)
14. ArchonMycon (killed by DJDanny with AKM)
13. Madmanmichael (killed by DJDanny with Mosin- Bled out)
12. DJDanny (killed by Kevlar with Blaze95)
11. Neville (killed by Traplord with AKM)
10. Kevlar (killed by BradasJiggy with UMP45)
9. 2Fast4u (killed by SnxHazardx with AK74)
8. Traplord (killed by SnxHazardx with AK74)
7. Stera (killed by CowInBush with AKM)
6. Diaz (killed by BradasJiggy with AKM)
5. Steph (killed by Bradasjiggy with AKM)
4. CowInBush (killed by Stera with UMP45- Bled out)
3. SnxHazardx (killed by Bradasjiggy with AKM)
2. JenDill (killed by BradasJiggy with AKM)
VICTOR: BradasJiggy

Kevlar- 6 Kills *Tied for most weapons used - 3*
BradasJiggy- 5 Kills
CowInBush- 4 Kills
Stera- 3 Kills *Tied for most weapons used - 3*
Traplord- 2 Kills
SnxHazardx- 2 kills
DJ Danny- 2 Kills
Mono- 1 Kill
Nymeouz- 1 Kill
MadManMichael- 1 Kill
Santa Fox- 1 Kill
Steph- 1 Kill

VIDEO's will be posted soon!

Edited by gunrunner
  • Like 2

So thats who killed me, eh? Dang, shouldn't have played it so aggressive, right as I put down my magnum, I saw him come around the corner and dropped me.

Haha yeah man! When you have 30+ people all starting in the same spot theres really not much you can do. Were you one of the people who ran into the middle or did you run off on your own looking for the loot stashes?

I ran into the middle then took off, actually found a few stashes in buildings and managed to wind up with a Mosin and Glock, as well as some other stuff. Took a few shots at people with my scoped Mosin and Magnum but I only managed to get them to bleed, except for the first one I got with my Glock.

Ahhh I see! What did you think of think of the event? Anything you would change? We are planning on hosting another Hunger Games in the near future and constructive feedback is much appreciated.

I was going to try and do more detailed stats such as Most blood damage, Shock Damage, Most time unconscious, most hits, etc but it is extremely tedious to manually put together that information from the log file. Hopefully by then I can remember how to use VB and make a small program that can pull that information for me (or maybe the developers will *hint hint nudge nudge*).

Well, I think the AoO was a tad large, alternatively try and get more long range rifles put in next time. Perhaps also change the dynamics of the area by parking cars, trucks and so forth in places to create obstacles or places where players can take cover. Announcements over TS whenever someone has died would also be nice, as well as some way to get players moving. Most of the time, the people I saw and myself were camping for prolonged periods of time, which I guess the carepackages were supposed to take care of.

As for more detailed stats, I wouldn't say no to that, as long as it isn't too hard to do, of course.