janekaleszczyk@yahoo.co.uk

i am just fed up of this mod

After 3 days of playing with the mod - configuring six launcher, installing beta patches, creating weird launching commands, veryfing mod and integry of ARMA 2 files , becoming aware that within the same folde you can run 2 different games ( Arrowhear and OP ) and after 2 x 10 min sessions i am really fed up of "creating character" , "loading" and bunch of other errors.

I understand this is ALPHA but still this is the worst to installation and connection MOD i have ever come across

Dont give up, sounds like you havent even played yet? There have been a lot of issues in the last 24 hours so you just picked a bad time unfortunately.

I'm saying this in the most patient and calm way I can but...play another game. Why is that so taboo? Of course you know it's alpha but since you're not being paid to participate, you can be forgiven for taking some time off. No one is holding your feet to the fire. I've done it more than I care to admit but I do it to maintain my sanity and perspective.

Well, if you don't want to help playtest a broken and frustrating alpha, don't. It's as simple as that.

When I struggle to find a server, I just play another game for a while... that's what the gaming industry is for, to supply us with game after game after game to ensure our constant entertainment.

You did pick a very bad time to start playing, giving the DDOS attacks that have been going down.

UbiquitousBadGuy hit the nail on the head in this thread.

Have patience. Hundreds of thousands of people have figured it out so you can too. It can be troublesome and as someone else said you picked a bad time to start playing with the server issues the past 24 hours.

Once you actually get in the game you'll find it more than worth the wait. Best of luck.

Pro tip: for the last two days or so, NO ONE has been able to do anything for reasons beyond the control of us players.

Find a useful installation guide (there are a few here).

The basics are:

Running the Arma II base game in beta, with the latest beta patch.

Installed the dayz files into the Addams directory

It's really just installing 8 files, making sure you're running the correct executable and then playing.

I don't use six updated because I feel that it insulates you from the experience, and you can't tell what's wrong. I think that that's whe you are.

I got it to work by following the instructions in the forum. Stay calm and re-do the correct instructions. It's really easy.

If your new to the game take some time now to learn the basics of how Arma works. Go through the single player tutorials and make sure your familiar with all the commands, how to shoot how to drive ... etc.

Maybe the game will be running again soon

I never had a single problem installing with six launcher. Are you launching the game from six launcher after the install? Don't pick a server from six launcher. just click launch. That what I did and I never got a single error

Don't worry, you would be bored within two weeks anyway.

Just came back to this mod after hearing about the new patches, awful, just awful.

It is a pain to install when you buy it of steam but once you get past that and start playing you will enjoy it.

Today will not give you a good insight to what the game does but if you hold and wait to all the servers are running you will see how good a game it is..

can't install mod=will fail at playing and ask for major nerfs and hand holders.