a sleeping dog

Servers without friendly fire, aka pvp killing

Personally, I'm a fan of the pvp killing capabilities. I do not kill other players, unless fired on first, as I like to help other people. However, I do like the fact that it's out there for that added adrenaline rush. My friends and I spend more time scanning areas for players than worrying about the zombies, and there's no bigger rush that "bumping" into someone and trying to figure out if you are going to be in a fire fight or not.

That said, why not just make servers that can turn of PvP? We have recruit, regular, and veteran, why not add that as an option? I'm sure that there are plenty of people that would prefer to play on those servers, and it would eliminate all the damn posts about what to about bandits. I do know that there are a few members of our clan that would start playing DayZ again if those servers did exist. I'm sure it would also add to the game's popularity and server rentals would increase.

No. No. No. This... This is just unrealistic. People who don't like getting killed by other players can learn themselves how to avoid that. Please stop with this no pvp and no friendly fire stuff... It's all part of what would happen in REAL-LIFE. You're basically asking the DayZ team to sell out :S

what the fuck would you do in this game without player threats

it would be unfathomably boring

are you all going to hold hands and stand in the NW barracks taking turns looting night vision?

I would like to play on those servers please, that way I can gather up all the loot everywehere without fear and then I can feel like I won the game

To ask why we can't have FF off servers is not understanding how the game works at all.

You really can't submit ideas such as this on a whim, you need to read a lot more about how the servers works, and the game.

For the same reason we don't have servers with no zombies or servers with no bleeding or servers with no broken bones or servers with no darkness or servers with no vehicle damage...

DayZ is a complete package. Zombies, PvP and environmental dangers. They each combine to form a challenge and if you're not willing to face that challenge in its entirety then you're not cut out for DayZ and there are many other games for you out there.

You will probably get a lot of replies that don't make sense. Let me translate for you.

Nooo I only want to kill people who hate being killed. If you take out the ability to make people miserable it won't be fun for me anymore.

There is really no other reason, that or they suck and need any advantage they can get.

• Like 1

Wow that would be such a boring game without any pvp at all!

MAJOR flaw in that. Bandits will go to non pvp servers to get gear, and good stuff. Then go to Pvp servers, and then start owning.

If you take out PVP the game would be ridiculously easy. Seriously, you could just raid every hospital and every military camp and then go to a pvp enabled server and kill everyone, feeling like you're some kind of pro.

If there are pvp disabled servers, they will be exploited in exactly this way, just like empty servers are exploited for supplies already.

You will probably get a lot of replies that don't make sense. Let me translate for you.

Nooo I only want to kill people who hate being killed. If you take out the ability to make people miserable it won't be fun for me anymore.

There is really no other reason' date=' that or they suck and need any advantage they can get.

[/quote']

no this is just the flawed logic of the people who need their hand held in a zombie apoc simulator game.

There is really no other reason' date=' that or they suck and need any advantage they can get.

[/quote']

I've seen this argument before, and quite honestly it's pathetic. DayZ was made specifically to simulate a more realistic zombie apocalypse setting, by involving all the dangers that come with real life. You CAN get killed by other people that want your resources.

If you want a game with zombies where you all just play together and hold hands, there are plenty of other games out there for you. Left 4 Dead and Dead Island come to mind. The DayZ mod is for a niche group of players, and if you don't like it you can go elsewhere.

[/quote']

Well, actually there IS another reason.

Rocket has said repeatedly that the PVP mechanic is an integral function of the game and that it will not be removed. In fact it is a large part of what MAKES the game what it is. If he does not want PVP to be a server side option, then it won't be, simple as that. Why people are still arguing about this is beyond me, when the dev himself says it's not going to happen then what is the point in continuing the argument amongst yourselves?

MAJOR flaw in that. Bandits will go to non pvp servers to get gear' date=' and good stuff. Then go to Pvp servers, and then start owning.

[/quote']

How is that different than jumping on a server with 2 people and doing the same thing. Yeah, this will be what ruins the game.

Wow the insults are rolling out faster than the BS excuses. I wouldn't play on servers like this, sounds boring. Looks like I hit a nerve with a few people, thanks for proving my point.

I like baseball, I personally think soccer is boring and a waste of time, please remove it form the world. Or I can just let people have there fun, you know, cause its not affecting me in any way.

This has been discussed before and despite the crying from the hardcore crowd a few people do seem to want it. I think it would be great for newbies so they get a feel for the mechanics and explore the map a bit before spawning in Elektro surrounded by bandits. It would also be a good experiment to see what kind of teamwork develops when everyone isn't in a shoot first mentality. You could easily keep these characters separate from the PvP server characters so folks couldn't just loot the non-PvP servers.

However, as others have said, Rocket seems to be 100% against this idea so don't expect it.

I imagine once the mod matures you'll see options like this but for now your best bet is just to stick with underpopulated servers if you want to avoid PvP.

please explain to me what would be fun about a non-PVP server whatsoever

i'm genuinely asking

and it would eliminate all the damn posts about what to about bandits.

Uhh how do you figure?

I like the aspect of being able to kill players. But no penalty or flag for it is retarded. The game devolves into a deathmatch. If I wanted that, I'd play BF3.

While the 'that's what it would be like in real life' is unqualified bullshit of the highest order, PvP is a central part of DayZ, and I hope there will be no non-PvP servers, ever.

please explain to me what would be fun about a non-PVP server whatsoever

i'm genuinely asking

Zombies are still a threat, but you can explore the map, perhaps actually find some rare loot for once (I've been playing for 6 weeks and have yet to see NVGs or any high level military gear except a SAW249). You can team up with others to slaughter every zed in a town because you no longer have a shoot first mentality. It would be a different experience but it could still be fun.

I'm not saying it would be fun for long and the PvP is absolutely what makes Day Z so unique and great. All I'm saying is that some people would still enjoy this.

You can basically do this already (people have custom servers where you can play with a second character) or just join a server with only 1 or 2 players.

Do you know what would be great about non-pvp servers? You could through flares and smoke grenades at people to aggro zeds on them and they couldn't shoot you in retaliation.

Trolls are going to troll with our without pvp enabled.

Exactly. People asking for it = demand, so someone would play it. If not and its boring, then no one would play and we would have 1 empty server that allows it. After a few weeks of no one playing, it would get shut down. Then every time someone makes this topic at least we can say "lol we tried that and it didn't work remember".

Still I think that anyone who really believes this is what would really happen is delusional.

I never got this about gamers, they always seem unanimously against any extra content that does not interest them. It's like if they don't play it, they don't want the devs wasting 1 second away from working on their favorite parts. Even if other people enjoy it and it doesn't affect them one bit, they still complain that its even mentioned.

I see what games like Minecraft did with private servers and its awesome. Private servers create so many different and unique games just by laying down a few rules. That is how you play with a sandbox IMO, not force everyone to play under a set of rules.

Zombies are still a threat

i'm sorry' date=' are we playing the same game? zombies are utterly trivial.

but you can explore the map, perhaps actually find some rare loot for once (I've been playing for 6 weeks and have yet to see NVGs or any high level military gear except a SAW249)

none of that loot has any value if everyone can prance around the NWAF and wait their turn to loot it without risk.

You can team up with others to slaughter every zed in a town because you no longer have a shoot first mentality.

there are dozens of other games that do this far better. shooting only zombies in dayz would get old after about 10 minutes.

You can basically do this already (people have custom servers where you can play with a second character) or just join a server with only 1 or 2 players.

but the incredibly important difference is that those 1-2 other players could be anywhere on the map and you would still have to play like they are right around the corner from you at all times. this basically keeps the risk factor the same as a populated server to a degree.

Do you know what would be great about non-pvp servers? You could through flares and smoke grenades at people to aggro zeds on them and they couldn't shoot you in retaliation.

Trolls are going to troll with our without pvp enabled.

To start off i liked you in those movies you did mister bill ghost hunters was pretty awesome.

ANYWAY....ya pvp and non pvp servers would fail due to the imbalance...you could just server hop non pvp servers for loot...then it becomes a pick fest then they will just server hop to PVP servers to kill...if everyone is ok with that then by all means do it. Just sayin.