Sign in to follow this  

DayZ will be part of Arma 2...

Make sense, right? DayZ just brought them a lot more income. :) This could just mean they are fixing the AI clipping. i.e. Zombies walking through walls. Which appears to be an engine bug that BIS would have to address themselves.

I've heard that Rocket was affiliated with BI, is he not? If he truly is, then this seems like a no brainer.

Awesome' date=' if that means more hands on deck then the more the merrier. If it's being released as a patch does that suggest that 1.61 = dayz beta?

[/quote']

I think it's just an engine update that will address some issues seen in DayZ due to core ArmA 2 bugs. I think the dev has alluded to as much.

I've heard that Rocket was affiliated with BI' date=' is he not? If he truly is, then this seems like a no brainer.

[/quote']

He works for BI

What they mean is that it will be included within installation so newbs won't tear their hair out.

They are most likely not going to fix stuff like physics, ladders, AI pathfinding etc, these are engine inherent deep problems, maybe smaller stuff, netcode etc.

Am I missing something? As far as I'm aware, he said the next update will include some related work to DayZ. i.e related bug fixes etc.

This is an intelligent step in BI's direction. Not many developers offer much support for particular mods that run under their original platform. Good to see that BI is onboard, more reason to support such a great company who pushes out amazing games, and offers phenomenal support for mods.

Am I missing something? As far as I'm aware' date=' he said the next update will include some [b']related work to DayZ. i.e related bug fixes etc.

This is likely what he meant.

It would not make any sense for them to "include dayz" in the next patch, for several reasons. For one, how would it run? Every time you start the game? A seperate shortcut? That just makes things more confusing. It's not difficult to install the game and there is even an automatic installer/updater out there.

But more importantly, the mod is still being updated, and will continue to be after 1.61, so it would be totally pointless to include any dayz content.

What Luke said in the interview is exactly what he meant. They're going to work on specific issues or improvements to the game that are related to DayZ. I can't believe how anyone could misconstrue this given what was said and basic logical thinking, and then be silly enough to actually write "DayZ will be part of Arma 2!!" (referring to the armaholic post)

This is an intelligent step in BI's direction. Not many developers offer much support for particular mods that run under their original platform. Good to see that BI is onboard' date=' more reason to support such a great company who pushes out amazing games, and offers phenomenal support for mods.

[/quote']

This stuff just doesn't usually happen even with the success with this mod. The thing is, Rocket actually works for BI, and therefor the mod is being implemented into the game. I doubt this would've happened if it was just some random person who made it.

Anyways, Rocket deserves a raise for his efforts to the company if he hasn't gotten one yet.

This is an intelligent step in BI's direction. Not many developers offer much support for particular mods that run under their original platform. Good to see that BI is onboard' date=' more reason to support such a great company who pushes out amazing games, and offers phenomenal support for mods.

[/quote']

I think BI are doing the most sensible and rational thing - recognising the sudden increase in ArmA II sales generated by this mod and reacting positively to this. Hopefully, they can see this could be the start of an entirely new franchise for the company, one that will not damage the established ArmA brand in any way, but rather enhance it greatly. They have a unique opportunity here to build on what DayZ has already achieved - as a 'proof of concept' I'm not sure how it could have been any more successful or emphatic. A good idea is good idea - and Rocket had a great idea. I think the sales spike speaks for itself.

And this is why BIS is one of the best game developers out there together with CD Projekt.

I would love if people that are new to the ARMA series, especially people who have migrated from games like CoD or BF3 analyze this information and try to understand that this is how a proper game developer studio acts.

Rocket is a dev. at BIS, they could have released DayZ as another DLC, but instead they choose to incorporate it for free in the next official ARMA patch, think about this...

Rocket deserves a raise for his efforts to the company if he hasn't gotten one yet.

qft.

A massive bonus at the very least. :D

BI should let Rocket take some time of from Arma3 development and let him concentrate on DayZ full time with full salary.

And I didn't read the interview the way that armaholic did. It sounds like, and makes more sense, that BI will help DayZ if they need help. Like in the case of DC-issue.

yes, it was misinterpreted and then featured on armaholic, BI dev tweeted:

There actually is difference between "accommodating #DayZ in the next update" and "committed to do some related work"

[/quote']

I'd say they're repaying the debt: thanks to Rocket BI earned appr. 1.230.000 dollars (if we consider that 49.000 DayZ players all bought ArmA2CO for 25 dollars). I think having some time to make engine tweaks to assist Rocket is the elast they could do.

I like where it is all coming to :)