Plainer

Cross Server Vehicle Saves.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to FINALLY find a car, only to save it and come back the next day with 5 of your friends playing in different servers. I want to keep what I found... That is all! :)

The problem this creates is that there could end up being way too many vehicles in one server.

My advice to you is to find a server you love playing on and become a regular there. Then you can keep your vehicle.

You'd end up with 1 server having over 200 trucks.

Limit saved vehicle(s) to one-per-person. The vehicles would not stay beyond 5 minutes of you logged out. Create a finite number of vehicles per-map, say 10. If 10 people join the server with a saved vehicle, then no vehicles would be randomly placed across the map. If the server has 11+ people, all with saved cars, upon that 11th person joining, the vehicle that spawns in with them would have something like "a broken break line" that is only fixable by stealing another players working one. The car would have some visual cue to show that its not working so passers by would know its useless.

Players could sneek up to another players working car, steal their break lines, then run off into a forest and head back to repair their own car.

It's a little far fetched, but its better than having no vehicle.

Create a finite number of vehicles per-map' date=' say 10. If 10 people join the server with a saved vehicle, then no vehicles would be randomly placed across the map. If the server has 11+ people, all with saved cars, upon that 11th person joining, the vehicle that spawns in with them would have something like "a broken break line" that is only fixable by stealing another players working one.

[/quote']

Those two conditions are self defeating.

The server creates 10 random vehicles on boot, no players connected. First player with a saved vehicle connects - server registers the presence of an 11th vehicle and breaks it. Oops.

It would also be bad to take out a spawned vehicle, imagine...you find a jeep, it needs a fuel tank. So you scavenge for an hour, find a fuel tank and a tool kit. Then as you run back to the jeep it despawns....noooooooooo!!

that sounds

1) Really potentially imbalanced

2) Distracting from survival

3) Really difficult to code and test for little player reward

4) Vehicles are ALREADY extremely buggy and laggy.

I say no thank you!

This would cause so many more problems. IMO. I think nothing should be cross server. The cross server aspect of this game / mod is killing it.

I actually like the way it is now.

Current mode forces people to find a server, and stick to it. Which is good, its good to have a decent server filled with same players. Of course it sucks when your server isnt up and you want to play, but it's okay, i'm sure you'll live ;)

I would love to see something done so that, if you know your server is going down for 6+ hours (which I've experienced multiple times) but, as stated above, it's a hard thing to balance unless you want 200+ offroads on a single server. If somebody could come up with a genius idea, I'd love to hear it.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to FINALLY find a car' date=' only to save it and come back the next day with 5 of your friends playing in different servers. I want to keep what I found... That is all! :)

[/quote']

Solution: Coordinate with your friends to play on one server.

Besides, even if they had tents set-up (the only thing besides cars that's server-dependent), they can just check-in with their tents when you're done playing to do any inventory juggling they intend to do with them. It's not like this is WoW where it costs $30 to switch to a different server. ;P

You'd end up with 1 server having over 200 trucks.

Nono, i think what he means is i join a server boom my car is in the same spot it was on the other one then if i join another server it is removed from that server and is brought to the next one. Either way, i still disagree with this.

~silent

This would cause so many more problems. IMO. I think nothing should be cross server. The cross server aspect of this game / mod is killing it.

I totally disagree with this.

This is like an easily scaleable mmo with this functionality.

If a host server (excluding central servers at this stage (REMEMBER ITS ALPHA!)) goes down you can just switch over to another.

But to have this to fully work out like this you would need to have cross vehicles and tents (i don't think tents follow you yet do they?).

The main problem is implementation of this system (1 basic rule is max 1 per player).

I think rocket will add them eventually or someone may make an addon for persistent vehicles for private hives coz I haven't figured a way to play at night yet (getting there tho) so when I wana play I gota join a US server from AUS to be in some sort of light with my friends (AUS servers normally full anyway, to bad only windows servers can host dayz) as we play after work but I don't want to do that if I have spent all that time repairing a vehicle (haven't even found any yet tho).

I also dont think this would happen (if ever) untill very end of alpha at the earliest as i bet rocket has a load of things he wants to add (or remove ;))