Sign in to follow this  
Pokerguy12

Where are the weapon areas

I have not played Dayz in over 2 years and i just might be getting back into it. Alot has changed, I know NEAF and Balota weapon spawns were removed.

Can you tell me all the current areas classified as high value weapon spawn areas, I don't trust the dayzdb map because it does not seem accurate(eg: air tower in Balota is classified as high weapon spawn when it is only medium at best)

NWAF, Myshkino temts, Vybor military base, Pavlovo base, police stations for Glocks and Mp5s. Jails don't spawn loot in this patch.

That's all I know

Weapons can spawn mostly everywhere. Civilian grade weapons can spawn in normal houses. For military weapons, military buildings are the best place to look for.

11 hours ago, kraftknife said:

I..//..

: air tower in Balota is classified as high weapon spawn when it is only medium at best)

well, that's what has changed in the last 2 years - the high weapons spawn IS what you call "medium at best"
also "high" "medium" and "low" does not exactly mean how many weapons spawn how fast.  If you went in the air tower and found 5 shotguns would that be a high spawn ?
You mean you are looking for places where it is easy to pick up a bunch of military weapons, ammo, mags..

The obvious places are still the obvious places. You are sitting on 50 posts about this you only have to read a few of them.

BUT Every place that has that stuff has NEW problems around it that are not the same as they were 2 years ago.. you have to read the forums and watch the vids and PLAY and work it out for yourself. This is the fun of DayZ.
If you want an easy starter, go to any Police Station and meet everyone else who is looking for machine guns and automatic pistols (about 85% of players all doing the same thing); If you have no weapons when you visit a Police Station, take something to hit people with. (heh). The tent cities have zombies - not many but fairly mean. Also you can STEALTH zombies now (ok? new problems = new techniques ?)
Also the boots of police cars and also heli crash sites (didn't have those 2 years ago). but don't expect it to be easy.
Also the high value (ie military) weapons are not the same weapons as they were 2 years ago.

Ammo is scarcer than it was, for sure. You will notice. And you may have to go a long way to find a fire axe.

You can also go fishing if you want to. there is no easy answer to your question, different people play different ways and there is more variety than there used to be - some PVP players complain about this - only way to do it is to go in there and play it and get a FEELING for what happens these dayz.

Take a walk, find a sack and make a backpack, get food and check out a barracks - ya know ?

Also there are whole new cites in the North of the map, also Prison Island, also a bunch of new spawn locations so you will 90% certain not have any idea where you are when you log in.

also vehicles, etc etc..

AND there are a lot of server-exploit kick-servers on the public hive so you probably have to find a server that does not kick to play on, and if it is running daylight it might probably be pretty full.

go for it. Enjoy.

Edited by pilgrim / pilgrim
other players solutions are not the best