softovick

Using launcher (Private Shard)

I asked this question to tech support Bistudio, but still have not received any official response.

In rules of rental private server there is a paragraph:

You may not perform the following actions on your server

◦ Install any 3rd party tools, modifications, or applications (aside from BEC – At this time)

This paragraph says that on server it is impossible to install any apps. OK, I rent official server DayZ SA Private Shard and use only standart settings from hosting panel (password, whitelist, BEC). I am not install on this server 3rd party tools, modification or applications.
I describe a few examples and would like to get an answer, which of them violate these rules and why (or not).

Example 1:
1) Private DayZ Standalone server (Private Shard) with password.
2) My website with a link or button that uses run game with url as "steam://rungameid/221100//+connect=ip:port +password=password".

Example 2:
2) Desktop application where server’s list and when click on the name of the server running game  as "steam.exe -applaunch 221100 +connect=ip:port +password=password".

Example 3:
1) Private DayZ Standalone server (Private Shard) with password and whitelist (from standart BEC).
2) Website or application from previous examples, before starting the game, added players’s GUID to whitelist and if user not use this website (or application), his GUID not uncluded in whitelist.

Thanks for any comments.

The third day no answer. It looks very strange that the client cannot obtain information on the product.
Requests to tech support also has not received a response.

I honestly think BiStudio and Hosting companies for SA servers have so far been pretty disorganized and uncertain of how, exactly, to go about administering them.

If you are expecting that SA will have an advanced server control panel at this point I would suggest that you are expecting too much at this time. I'm not saying that what you are asking them about is not reasonable...don't get me wrong...I agree that you SHOULD expect a response to this....but at this point in the game's development it would probably just be a temporary state of affairs until the client side of things gets polished off and the dedicated servers get some attention.

Don't forget that the game, including the server side of things, is still a long way off from being finished so customizing access to servers and other 3rd-party add-ons are also still a long way off from being properly implemented.

So...as an answer... the "Product" you are asking about basically still does not exist...if you get my meaning.

My question is about the rules of server rental, which require compliance with hosting (and with them requires BiStudio). And these rules operate hosting staff to resolve issues. I do not think that the concept of "product" in this case does not exist. We pay money for the server, and can not even get a simple consultation? Strange, is not it?

On 2/23/2016 at 6:21 PM, softovick said:

I asked this question to tech support Bistudio, but still have not received any official response.

In rules of rental private server there is a paragraph:

This paragraph says that on server it is impossible to install any apps. OK, I rent official server DayZ SA Private Shard and use only standart settings from hosting panel (password, whitelist, BEC). I am not install on this server 3rd party tools, modification or applications.
I describe a few examples and would like to get an answer, which of them violate these rules and why (or not).

Example 1:
2) My website with a link or button that uses run game with url as "steam://rungameid/221100//+connect=ip:port +password=password".

Example 2:
2) Desktop application where server’s list and when click on the name of the server running game  as "steam.exe -applaunch 221100 +connect=ip:port +password=password".

Example 3:
1) Private DayZ Standalone server (Private Shard) with password and whitelist (from standart BEC).
2) Website or application from previous examples, before starting the game, added players’s GUID to whitelist and if user not use this website (or application), his GUID not uncluded in whitelist.

Thanks for any comments.

Example 1 is acceptable if limited to the exact situation described.

Example 2 and 3 are not currently supported or allowed.