Johnny Deep

Day Z Trojan

I launched Day Z today through Steam. Immediately a message from Steam popped up saying that the game could not be launched. My Norton Anti virus also popped up warning me that Trojan.Gen.SMH was detected. It took about 45 seconds for my AV to deal with the problem. The file dayz.be.exe was identified as the source of the trojan file and was deleted. I looked through my history and at the moment I launched Day Z and up until the moment the file dayz.be.exe was removed from my computer, my EVGA Precision X program was trying to access my Norton files over and over again. Once the file dayz.be.exe was removed all attempts by EVGA Precision X stopped and I looked through the history of my AV program and noticed that EVGA Precision X had never made any attempts to access my Norton AV files before launching Day Z today.

I would like someone at Bohemia Interactive to look into this and get back to me. I understand that this could be a false positive but it is also very suspicious that my Precision X program would be behaving this way at the same time that dayz.be.exe was identified as a Trojan. I'm hoping that this was all a mistake and perhaps a buggy file that just needs to fixed.