Sign in to follow this  
huckstable18

VX9 Member's who I met ingame send here asking for "Stitches."

Why, hello there fellow web browsers. This is going to be about a story between a bambi and 2 friends. I was all alone minding my own business when a guy with a sks came and shot at me, just tagging me. I ran towards a red house where a guy with an FN FAL told me to come in. I came in with precaution trying not to raise any flags causing them to shoot me. We began talking to each other and playing the game how I wish everyone did, interacting. We talked for a bit when I was sent on missions to retrieve gear, watch the door, partial medic and be a proper bambi. We moved to the hospital where things got serious with tons of shots going off. Eventually it came to a point where there was us vs a guy with some grenades. He naded the bottom trying to kill some of us but no luck, even flashed, we were to high up in the hospital stairway to be hit. We heard him coming and I asked just for a pistol just to help. I hope all I did was enough, I really wanted to help and thank god they gave me a glock, I took the glock and peeked the wall and at the same time my friend (VX9) shot him as well as I but just not enough to kill him, I bandaged and rushed him when I got a little lucky and caught him off guard and he missed his shots and I escaped running back telling him where he was, I dont know if i hit him again but soon after my friends buddy rushed down spraying him down and getting away with minor injuries that were fixed. We talked for a bit and it was one of the most unique experiences I've had in the 1005 hours I've played Dayz, most just KOS and it's not about that it's about the interaction. It's hard to find people who wont turn on you but I wanted to play that life with good intentions as soon as he let me through that door in the Red 2 story. In the end I was happy what I did with my night and learn't a lot. I hope to see those two guys again and maybe play with them again if I can find them. Unfortunately I'm just barely to young to try and apply for VX9, but that's the way their standard is. If anyone can get in contact to whoever I was playing with in VX9 on January 10th, 2016 at around midnight to 2am to add me on steam -huckstable18. I'd love to play with you again sometime. Thanks :)

post this in the recruitment section. they might see it a little quicker. 

But do you think without rampant KoS interactions would mean as much 

Yes that is true but the way it is now to find someone like that, its like finding a needle in a haystack. But the interactions there are so many different variants to interact it will change how everything is played out. 

I find private hives better for being able to feel out the community IMO. Sort of like I've been playing on ASTRO private since .59 came out. I like that its not like some shards with certain "rules" like PVE only ect.. I like the organic feel of dayz, and feel like the community can make interactions that can involve combat and not if they want to. I've been shot out right numerous times and I've shot numerous people. Usually I'd rather try and interact to an extent but DayZ is DayZ. Thing I've found on ASTRO that I like is I've heard people on the radios from time to time telling me not to come to a certain place, I've found notes and such. Its not super busy but enough that I've run into other players. Biggest win for me is the lack of exploits like server hopping and ghosting. I get the point of the hive and it works I guess, but I feel like it loses something. When my base gets stolen and taken into a vortex of multi-dimensions where my camp now belongs to someone else, its just gone  :) when it stays in the server with me its an interaction, cause I'm going to try and find who stole it and get my stuff back. Also, when you run into someone really cool that did interact with you, you can find him in game again which is a lot of fun.