Sign in to follow this  
daisho

returning player, whats DayZ like nowadays? [SA]

Hi all,

I've been gone for a long time, mainly because I was busy studying and also was a bit "pissed" as I got KoS'ed over and over again right after spawn by fully geared guys.

Now that semester break is coming soon and I actually love the game I downloaded it again so I can start over playing next week.

I'm pretty sure there has been a lot of changes so I would highly appreciate a short summary of the most crucial changes and additions to the game.

Some questions:

1. how is the team/ group play nowadays? Is there any game mechanics that encourage something like that?

I remember there has been some ideas/ projects to establish player controlled savezones (for trading and the like), clan camps, paramedics, bandit hunting and so on...are things working out like that or is it still mostly people lonewolfing and killing bambis out of boredom?

2. are vehicles (cars, choppers) introduced yet?

3. how is the graphic optimization going?

4. I know it's still alpha but I wonder how much fatal bugs are left?

Anything else I should know/ be aware of?

Tks in advance everyone, I'm so excited to start over playing.

Edited by daisho

1. No.

2. There are vehicles. Really buggy but working.

3. No new renderer yet.

4. It depends on what you call a fatal bug. SA still has many bugs but the only thing really impeding my ability to play is the desync. It's ridiculous.

I havent fallen off a ladder or broken my legs going up stairs in a long long time.

Although apparently vehicles are death traps at the moment so i stay away from them lol

1. how is the team/ group play nowadays? Is there any game mechanics that encourage something like that?

I remember there has been some ideas/ projects to establish player controlled savezones (for trading and the like), clan camps, paramedics, bandit hunting and so on...are things working out like that or is it still mostly people lonewolfing and killing bambis out of boredom?

This is a good idea. But will most likely not work on a public server. But it works out of the box for ARMA3 - Exile (the maps Chernarus, Eseeker exists also).

2. are vehicles (cars, choppers) introduced yet?

As previous answered, yes. But beware: First you have to find a car etc. Then you have to find tires (correct ones, car, bus, truck or offroad), sparkplug (for a car) glowplugs (for bus, truck) battery (truck or car battery) and also headlights. In my opinion it´s to much focus to just get the f-ing car to work. And when you finally get them to work; slow and sluggish. And can get stuck far to easy, starts to bounce even tough no one is in the car...if or when they introduce the chopper...aren´t there enough of heliwrecks...or will it be the same hustle, find rotorblades, find manual to learn flying...

3. how is the graphic optimization going?

As previous answered, no. But does anyone know when it´s planned?

4. I know it's still alpha but I wonder how much fatal bugs are left?

Walking in stairs at police stations can just kill you, walking outside a garage can just kill you (on a empty server eg not killed by player). Btw how hard would it be to add that, killed by world, killed by player. At least then you know.

Also , if you paint your weapon (Mosin) while loaded it won´t shoot even tough you can empty the mag. This can also happen while logging off and come back. And the usual, paint the hand guard black for the AK otherwise you can´t attach the bi pod, just in the real world....