ItsMarioLetsGo

having trouble starting game

yes im having trouble starting up the game it starts to load but then comes up with this "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0" what should i do 

This sounds like an ARMA 2 error, not a standalone error.

What are you trying to play?

yes it is arma 2 dayz im sorry if i made this on the wrong post new player and just trying to get the game started so if i can get anyhelp it will be much appreciated 

yes it is arma 2 dayz im sorry if i made this on the wrong post new player and just trying to get the game started so if i can get anyhelp it will be much appreciated 

No problem, I shall just move it.

We still need more information from you as to how you're launching and what mod you're planning on playing.

what all did you need to know about when i launch the game

We still need more information from you as to how you're launching and what mod you're planning on playing.

im launching from steam and i was just wanting to play the regular dayz mod for arma 2

Do you have both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead installed on Steam?

If you have, have you tried launching them both first before playing?

If you do, please direct to the folder you have ARMA 2 installed in and copy the content of your "AddOns" folder to the "Common" folder located in your ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead folder. You will be prompted as to whether you want to override the existing files. You will want to do that. Then try again.

can you help me with one more thing the dayz launcher so i can get on servers where do i go to download it

You don't need it. You can use both Steam's server browser as well as in the ingame one.

There's no need for third party software and we don't officialy support it.

Edited by kichilron

how do i use the steam server browser

Here, this link sums it up better than anything I could write down.

for some reason i cannot get the server browser to work im using dayz commander and nothing is showing up

Please don't create new topics if you already have one open regarding this issue.

DayZCommander hasn't been updated for 1.5-2 years and should not be used. Only Steam is supported for DayZ Mod.