Sign in to follow this  
BeaverProductions

How do you gear up 3 freshspawns in minutes? Grab a Mosin and 2 bullets and find 2 douchebag Cherno AKM wielding terrorists

This is why you shouldn't go down to the coast and kill freshspawns with your lovely military weapons.  Your toys will be taken off you if you cannot play nicely.

This geared up the three of us quite nicely.

Edited by Beav
  • Like 5

How was the intro to this video compared to my old one chaps?

I know some people dont like intros.

I would appreciate feedback if you prefer the new way or the old way (including feedback on the old intro music.  Do you like it or hate it?)

An example of my old one can be found here.:

About the intro, I like the old one :P keep in mind I will not unsubscribe if you put the new one hahaha :P Nice shot btw!

About the intro, I like the old one :P keep in mind I will not unsubscribe if you put the new one hahaha :P Nice shot btw!

Thanks Ninja

I know there are lots of folks who dont have the patience for even 10 secs of intro.

I think I will save the old intro for longer or story driven content, of 10-20 mins in length, and just have the shorter intro for little clips like this under 5 mins.

Always good to mix things up and see what sticks.

Thanks Ninja

I know there are lots of folks who dont have the patience for even 10 secs of intro.

I think I will save the old intro for longer or story driven content, of 10-20 mins in length, and just have the shorter intro for little clips like this under 5 mins.

Always good to mix things up and see what sticks.

Good idea :)

..//..

I know some people dont like intros.

I would appreciate feedback if you prefer the new way or the old way (including feedback on the old intro music.  Do you like it or hate it?)

..//..

using your vid timing - I'm speaking about the music as it is from 1:06 to 1:36 - starting only a second before the horn phrase comes in (you have a nice moment in the music there to do a quick fade in)

using that section gives you an evocative 30 second theme

OK

start the video without music

cut the first 8 seconds

on your original timing, bring in your 30 second theme from 0;15 to 0;45 then fade it down to background

bring up the titles at 0:40 during the static conversation

this is an idea and I expect you to tell me to pee-off (your work is well done and clear, good video, good sound) who am I to make suggestions? - also, I'd have to run it  a few times through Premiere (I use) to see if my idea really fitted together at all. You know how it is.

still - you did ask..

IM0 that 30 sec music cut is good for a theme .. the previous musical section is really just a lead in to that point in the score, and too long for a short video.. it would work for a film about mountain climbing (or something) but it's only useful if you need it to back 20 seconds of credits at the start of a piece .. leave it out and you've got a more interesting and evocative sound that moves straight into the drama..

the music in the vid fits well at the end, as it stands (cut the music last half-second at 2:41 so the chord sequence fades to silence) -  I LIKE that whole piece -  so if you look well back in the action, you could always find a mix point to bring the music to that same end piece as a timed termination - would work with any of your vids using this score.

That's it - But if you want something right up front - a trademark starter in the first second, use a soundbite, choose any sound you feel - a shout and a shot, or a zap (whatever) a half second of definitive trademark sound to take you straight in - then you guarantee you can get away with having your credits a little later at a good point in the action.

'K 'scuse me Beav - takes 5 mins to say this stuff (very easy) and hours to do it (very not easy); Beanz.

xx pilgrim

using your vid timing - I'm speaking about the music as it is from 1:06 to 1:36 - starting only a second before the horn phrase comes in (you have a nice moment in the music there to do a quick fade in)

using that section gives you an evocative 30 second theme

OK

start the video without music

cut the first 8 seconds

on your original timing, bring in your 30 second theme from 0;15 to 0;45 then fade it down to background

bring up the titles at 0:40 during the static conversation

this is an idea and I expect you to tell me to pee-off (your work is well done and clear, good video, good sound) who am I to make suggestions? - also, I'd have to run it  a few times through Premiere (I use) to see if my idea really fitted together at all. You know how it is.

still - you did ask..

IM0 that 30 sec music cut is good for a theme .. the previous musical section is really just a lead in to that point in the score, and too long for a short video.. it would work for a film about mountain climbing (or something) but it's only useful if you need it to back 20 seconds of credits at the start of a piece .. leave it out and you've got a more interesting and evocative sound that moves straight into the drama..

the music in the vid fits well at the end, as it stands (cut the music last half-second at 2:41 so the chord sequence fades to silence) -  I LIKE that whole piece -  so if you look well back in the action, you could always find a mix point to bring the music to that same end piece as a timed termination - would work with any of your vids using this score.

That's it - But if you want something right up front - a trademark starter in the first second, use a soundbite, choose any sound you feel - a shout and a shot, or a zap (whatever) a half second of definitive trademark sound to take you straight in - then you guarantee you can get away with having your credits a little later at a good point in the action.

'K 'scuse me Beav - takes 5 mins to say this stuff (very easy) and hours to do it (very not easy); Beanz.

xx pilgrim

Thanks for all the feedback Pilgrim

I think I need some time to digest your feedback, which is always welcome I might add.  I never see criticism as a negative as long as its reasoned and framed in a constrictive way.

Can I just clarify, are you talking about the Fresh Spawn Justice video (minimal intro) or the Night Hunt video (longer video with the side scrolling black and white camp scene)?

For the Fresh Spawn Justice vid, the music was just picked and dumped into vegas in its entirety (was just a quick 15 edit on that video, but I usually spend hours and hours editing the scenes and the music).

• Like 1

..//.

For the Fresh Spawn Justice vid, the music was just picked and dumped into vegas in its entirety (was just a quick 15 edit on that video, but I usually spend hours and hours editing the scenes and the music).

I mean 'Fresh Spawn Justice' - score is an interesting choice but it struck me you could use it to better effect.

Don't go wasting time taking my comments serious - is IMO only - but  seeing as you say "it was just a quick 15 edit on that video" I hope you don't mind me saying,<  yep that's how it came across >

lol - but no - it's all good I just noticed that you could fit it together better

You know, yourself, you can spend ages (if ya want) getting a cut exactly right and a score that fits perfectly - and nobody but you will seem to notice AT all. (really they do notice, they just don't know it)

I make soundbites spare time, and spend TIME - ya know -  on a couple of seconds of audio. I've done sound splices for play-alone music compilations for local bars & local radio (I live between Val d'Isère, Paradiski, Méribel, Courchevel, so plenty music gets used) and for just fun I've built people new sets of windows event sounds - is a customization kick that some folk like. I thought I was a one-off crazy hobbyist, then I found that Brian Eno did the original event sound set for MSoft. So I ain't the only one.

intros are old - folk are just waiting for the intro to end, right?

rule is: focus everything to get the viewer into the narrative,

You have to have a definitive trademark stamp so people know without doubt it's your video (like how long is the HBO white-noise screen?- but everybody knows what it is), how you figure to do that is what makes you the dude.

xx

I mean 'Fresh Spawn Justice' - score is an interesting choice but it struck me you could use it to better effect.

Don't go wasting time taking my comments serious - is IMO only - but  seeing as you say "it was just a quick 15 edit on that video" I hope you don't mind me saying,<  yep that's how it came across >

lol - but no - it's all good I just noticed that you could fit it together better

You know, yourself, you can spend ages (if ya want) getting a cut exactly right and a score that fits perfectly - and nobody but you will seem to notice AT all. (really they do notice, they just don't know it)

I make soundbites spare time, and spend TIME - ya know -  on a couple of seconds of audio. I've done sound splices for play-alone music compilations for local bars & local radio (I live between Val d'Isère, Paradiski, Méribel, Courchevel, so plenty music gets used) and for just fun I've built people new sets of windows event sounds - is a customization kick that some folk like. I thought I was a one-off crazy hobbyist, then I found that Brian Eno did the original event sound set for MSoft. So I ain't the only one.

intros are old - folk are just waiting for the intro to end, right?

rule is: focus everything to get the viewer into the narrative,

You have to have a definitive trademark stamp so people know without doubt it's your video (like how long is the HBO white-noise screen?- but everybody knows what it is), how you figure to do that is what makes you the dude.

xx

You are quite right about using that music to better effect.  I used to be a house/techno DJ for 15 years and produced quite a lot of my own tracks, so I know my way around a sound scape :)

At the moment its a bit of an investment/reward scenario for me.  Videos which I have put way to much time into have received about 100 views and little interest.  Most probably because they were over 15 mins in length and people dont want to watch these unless they are invested in your channel and content.  

Videos which I have literally just chopped some scenes and added semi-appropriate music (without any editing) have been much more well received.

Ideally I would prefer to spend lots more time on videos (both edits and music) but in reality Ive been doing this for over a year and nt progressing as much as I had hoped with building a community.

I think there is a happy medium when I keep my videos sub 5 mins for now (until I build community) but also focus on the music side which will be easier with smaller vids

• Like 1

..//..

Videos which I have literally just chopped some scenes and added semi-appropriate music (without any editing) have been much more well received.

..//..

Now THAT is a very interesting observation.. hmm

( a thing about trends is; people pretty much DONT KNOW why they go for one thing and not another (seems people don't work like that)  and what they think-or-say they like, is maybe NOT what attracted them, they 90%  didn't even "notice" what really pulled them in.. )

maybe you have the touch, and less art = more real ?

only thing I can say (IMO)  is a formula works - like a comic book, like a tv series - you keep to the Same length Same structure, Same lead in lead out - and just plug in the content, cut it to damn fit (saves you hours and the framework makes YOUR style) work exactly to that one length and fill it in every week?  include your credits as content

(I could quote you hundreds of neat moves - but you know them better than me.. but  (I can't resist just one, right out of context)  - the intro to B Galactica where they use the sad Gaelic music for the nuclear holocaust, space fights and explosions, and the drumbreak fast-action music for the closeup human interaction cuts. They invert the musical expectation. That was a brilliant move...  Check it; (it's worth one more time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPBzHa2PcS8   59 secs total, and you are completely IN (do you even have a choice?).   Someone earned their pay with that mix (ain't that just NICE!) 

But - you've got me hooked now

i don't usually care to notice numbers when I'm youtubing for my own sake (I'm only looking at what interests ME) but with what you just said in that one line I KNOW I'm going to spend the next month watching and comparing for exactly that. You've totally got me with that one comment. Ohoh - I can feel it coming on..

do good..

xx

Edited by pilgrim