Izziee

Why YOU can't play! Maintenance.

The Dayz team are aware of your issue and are trying to fix the issue at the present time. Don't panic!

As of yesterday 02 July (Not sure of the time, I would guess around 11GMT) the central servers were hit by a DDoS attack. This effected ALL servers and gave the players different issues, such as stuck on the waiting for character screen or loading. You might have also been in the game at the time and seen a lot of Red/Yellow broken chain link icons on the screen. You also may not have been able to loot items, and you may not have been able to find your servers and/or they were grey. You may have even had errors such as incorrect server version, or something as simple as massive lag.

As I take it, they were working through the day/night to fix this.

If you currently have an issue with Dayz it would be in your best interest to just LEAVE IT ALONE for now. You may end up breaking something that isn't broken on your end. I made this mistake and ended up updating battle eye and verifying the client on steam.

Up until recently they were still having issues with the DDoS attacks, and now they have taken this time to go into maintenance.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26199

Currently the servers are planned to be back online at 4PM GMT and so far it's going smooth. I advise everyone to sit back and chill. I'd recommend that you don't all rush to log on and 4pm either and add to the servers load. If you try to play now, there's a good chance that you will lose items (IF and that's a big IF you manage to get on), so be warned.

You can follow Rockets twiiter at http://twitter.com/#!/dayzdevteam

I am in no way affiliated with the team and/or mod, I am just a player who wishes to play as do you. Do not start bitching because you think it's unfair, they are not a big games company, they do NOT get paid for this, and they offer you a FREE mod. You buying Arma to play this isn't anyone's concern.

Hope this helped with some of you not knowing what's going on.

Edit/Update - For those of you who respawn in the debug forest, Viperax is discussing about moving you to the beach (READ! Discussing, it may or may not happen depending on the out come). Page 60 of

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26199&page=60

Gear will NOT be restored if you have lost it. It is impossible.

People seem to miss stickies though...I know right?

Including me :p I was wondering where my thread went

I hope they fix it soon but i dont want the devs to feel pressured i can wait and i hope they will catch the little fat kid that is behind this attack :P

I hope they fix it soon but i dont want the devs to feel pressured i can wait and i hope they will catch the little fat kid that is behind this attack :P

Well' date=' it's maintenance now, hopefully it will help with the attacks, but better now than a random time

[hr']

The link to rocket's twitter feed links to Vipeax' thread.

No it doesn't!

*Shameless edit*

So is it OK to get "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application" message right now ?

So is it OK to get "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application" message right now ?

Yes.

Hey' date=' im living in Germany, and there is nothing with pm or am. So my question is: is it sth like 4 o'clock or ealier/later? thx

[/quote']

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

according to the site you're GMT+2.

Hey' date=' im living in Germany, and there is nothing with pm or am. So my question is: is it sth like 4 o'clock or ealier/later? thx

[/quote']

Germany is just like holland GMT+1 so we should be able to play at 5 in the afternoon (PM = past morning) but it might take a little longer as long as no problems occur.

it might take a little longer if problems DO occur *

My bad ;)

[/quote']

Germany is just like holland GMT+1 so we should be able to play at 5 in the afternoon (PM = past morning) but it might take a little longer as long as no problems occur.

My bad ;)

Actually I think Holland is GMT+2 at the moment (Summer time)

For example, England is usually GMT, but it's now BST (British summer time) so it's actually GMT+1 and due to Holland being an hour ahead of the UK (Germany also, along with Sweden, Norway etc) it's GMT+2.

Currently it's 13:00 GMT. It's 14:00 in the UK and I would guess it's 15:00 in holland (PM so in 12 hour timings, it's 1PM GMT - 2PM UK - 3PM Germany

"I think"

[/quote']

My bad ;)

Actually, you're GMT +2 because of summertime.

[/quote']

My bad ;)

Actually, you're GMT +2 because of summertime.

You could have just quoted me rather than just typing it out and adding actually in front :p

[/quote']

My bad ;)

From the Latin words meridies (midday), ante (before) and post (after), the term ante meridiem (a.m.) means before midday and post meridiem (p.m.) means after midday. :P