nke

Question about legit and non-legit gear/items.

So this happened to my friend but I'm still worried about this.

My friend saw a guy with SVD and ghillie suit chilling near NW airfield (international airfield?) And he was able to approach the sniper from behind and axemurder him (lol).

Now he has SVD, silenced M9 and other good military gear like that, he later on found himself a ghillie from some female chr's body.

What I am wondering is that can a person get banned if he/she loots a hacked weapon off from someone's body?

I mean there's no way telling if the person with SVD and ghillie was legit or not.

Sorry about my bad grammar, I'm a bit tired atm.

I ment if a person can be banned for looting a weapon off a hackers corpse? I'm scared to loot any bodies with fancy military gear because I'm not sure if I can get banned for looting a non-legitimately acquired weapon.

If you get "fancy military gear" from another player, confirm it exists as a spawn in DayZ (check the wiki). If it does, use it. If it doesn't, put it back on the body and hide the body to despawn the weapon.

If you're playing the game legitimately, don't worry about that kind of thing. If you hacked to get it, the script is logged, you will be caught, server banned and BE global banned in the next banwave.