commiedic (DayZ)

So tried using the toolbox on this...

...to no prevail. Nothing would come down. Tried 3 times on each wire fence, the sandbags, and the tank trap, but nothing would come down.

Really need a new system with placement of these items.

EDIT: oh let me clarify... The option came up each time. I did the action with the toolbox and nothing happened afterwards. The option comes up for the sandbags too while only having the toolbox.

ruwV4.jpg

You're doing it wrong mate, aim for the metal poles that are in the ground - usually while aiming at those you'll get an option to remove the wire :) took a while before I found that out but there you go hopefully it'll work for you next time.

Get in 1st person mode, aim for the little metal bars, wait a second for the action to pop up.

Entrenching tool for sandbags I believe

^^...along with all the other things. Toolbox is for vehicle repair.

oh let me clarify... The option came up each time. I did the action with the toolbox and nothing happened afterwards. The option comes up for the sandbags too while only having the toolbox.

oh let me clarify... The option came up each time. I did the action with the toolbox and nothing happened afterwards. The option comes up for the sandbags too while only having the toolbox.

Make sure you got entrenching tools man. I was able to remove any barbed wire with them like a pro (aiming at the middle pole).

and get shot in the back of the face whilst you fiddle around with an infinite wall of wire someone put up 12 hours ago whilst they server hop.

remove wire thanks.

Make sure you got entrenching tools man. I was able to remove any barbed wire with them like a pro (aiming at the middle pole).

Well unless it has changed in the last week I have been able to remove the tank traps and barbed wire fencing with the tool box. I am thinking it is just so overly cluttered that it won't work without breaking the other items and therefor won't let you do it, or it is thinking you can't do that action because something is in the way since all three are stacked on each other.

I was gone all weekend. Is the barbed wire still prevalent everywhere? It was out of hand.

Yes and it keeps getting worse lol. People are barbwiring everything. Warehouses, grocery stores, firehouses, etc etc... Anything that spawns more than like 3 items. Up till now I have been able to remove most of it.

I was gone all weekend. Is the barbed wire still prevalent everywhere? It was out of hand.

Yes and it keeps getting worse lol. People are barbwiring everything. Warehouses' date=' grocery stores, firehouses, etc etc... Anything that spawns more than like 3 items. Up till now I have been able to remove most of it.

[/quote']

If its any consolation, you can actually smash the windows of the grocery stores and climb in.

I've had no problms taking out the wire on the metal poles, no entrenching tool needed :P

P.s. I'll risk that bullet in the back of the head on a week old char if it means clearing the wire out of a really annoying spot.

Confirming: A wire fence can be taken down with a toolbox along with tank traps

Confirming: A wire fence can be taken down with a toolbox along with tank traps

Can and has. Like I have said I have taken down tank traps and wire fence with the toolbox before this, but this seems bugged. Also you get the option to take down the sandbags when you have a toolbox, but this is the first time I have tried and I couldn't take down any of the three from what I think is because of their positioning and overlapping of each other.

So confusing heh. I distinctly remember hearing that the toolbox was removed from the game entirely at one point....did I imagine this, or was it just a rumor?