Sign in to follow this  
hyerjohn

Clutter The Streets

The Streets in Major towns in DayZ are just way too empty in a real apocolypse, would the cars be magically stashed away? Not everyone escaped, although it seems they did witht he number of zombies we have now. Clutter them up with cars, rubble, maybe some downed telephone wires. Make it seem real.

apocalypse-street.jpg

With the current performance issues surrounding cities this just isn't possible at this stage in development. Judging by the changes that were made between the Arma 2 and DayZ versions of Chernarus I'd say that this is something that the devs are interested in pursuing later though.

• Like 2

With the current performance issues surrounding cities this just isn't possible at this stage in development. Judging by the changes that were made between the Arma 2 and DayZ versions of Chernarus I'd say that this is something that the devs are interested in pursuing later though.

Yeah I read somewhere that they'll eventually be doing 'destruction passes' which I assume means adding wrecked cars, damaged buildings, debris, stuff like that. As you say, it's no doubt somewhat dependent on performance.