Sign in to follow this  
Sperglord

Door booby trap

Basically you set up a trap inside a building, and it's a gun (best if it's a shotgun because of bullet spread) aiming at the door and the it's connected to the door with a wire, and when someone opens the door they pull the trigger and get shot

This trap is very easy to make by anyone 

So when a guy finds my shack where I hide my items and wants to steal them then upon opening the door he will get a pleasant surprise to the face

Here's an example but I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. 

ZXSzUG2.png?1

Edited by Sperglord

I cant wait to start seeing some actual traps. Apparently there is a sound trap announced using a can and rocks or something. Ideal for camp spots but a pretty niche idea I think something like this would be more suited for the first introduction of traps.. you should also need some wood, nails and a hammer perhaps to set up the rig

So how do you get back in your shack safely to get back to your stash if the only door in is ready to dump 00 Buckshot into you?

So how do you get back in your shack safely to get back to your stash if the only door in is ready to dump 00 Buckshot into you?

Carefully.

Open the door carefully and from the side not standing in front of the door

Yeah if it is a shotgun blast, I'd rather not test it, even if standing next to the side of a doorway. But it is a good idea that I suggested ages ago. Rope + loaded firearm. Then put it in hands, and look at door to set up. The only thing I wonder is how you exit safely without firing - perhaps the door has to be open and closing will make the trap live and ready to trigger?

Why would someone make a trap like this? Waste of a good firearm. Other types of traps are just as effective (if not more so), but are much less wasteful and (in some cases) would be less difficult to conceal.

Also this has been suggested before...

Edited by OnionOfShame