Sign in to follow this  
EarthVen

My two bob.

For Dean Hall

To start I remember hearing from you on a Youtube clip, You asked the military if you could build them a game to physiologically prepare soldiers in training for anything & everything they may face among fray.

They said there not there yet, & you were refused the opportunity.

(I know your working on correct animations for everything in game)

Anywho...

These are the topics i want to shed light on

1. People
  2. Zombies
  3. Cities 
  4. Bush 
  5. Hunting

This is no small feat. 

People:

• The complete anatomy of the human should be included
  • Realistic reactions to melee & missile weapons, If i hit you on the head with a sledge hammer it caves in, Ability to sever limbs (50cal round off with there arm/head/leg does it really matter with that one?) etc 
  • The above will give more weight to protective gear, which should weigh you down
  • Ability to create the aesthetics of your survivor
  • True effects of protective equipment  

Zombies:

• If you don't take its head it won't die.
  • I don't care, even if its a bit of torso and a head it should still be alive
  • Realistic reactions to melee & missile weapons, If i hit the zombie on the head with a sledge hammer it caves in, Ability to sever limbs (point blank shot gun round off with there arm/head/leg, splatter marks anyone?) etc 
  • Different types of Zombies, the younger the victim the more obscure or mutated the zombie(different abilities?)
  • What senses will the Zombies have? You got 5 senses to Heighten or Dampen to aid the zombie in its efforts to feed
  • Walking Hordes, Lone runners, Building ambushes, leader zombies for military Zombies, jumping/climber zombies etc
  • Corrupted Fauna
  • Hunters/stalker Zombies that track you indefinitely 
  • Turned survivors with the loot they died with, until the server resets

Cities:

• SHOW ME RUSSIA!!!
  • If your homeland doesn't have it then don't put it in
  • Destructible walls/ doors/windows/structure of buildings(via explosives or know how) , If your digging in isn't tough enough the Zombies will be able to get in, Don't forget other survivors    
  • Ability to create fox holes/trenches/under ground storage etc
  • Savage and corrupted pets roaming around town/cities  

Bush:

• Once again SHOW ME RUSSIA!!!
  • If your homeland doesn't have it then don't put it in
  • Ability to harvest the type of flora, you may use for crafting/medicine/tools etc
  • Hostile & corrupted fauna, If it is a predator or pray that live in Russia put it in, Give them territory just like real life
  • Make it so, going bush is a toss up between the city or towns.  
  • True anatomy of every Fauna, If i shoot its leg it limps, Its heart it dies etc (Show its flicker of life)
  • Dense flora, So you will need a machete or something to cut your way
  • Ever been turned around in a forest dean? Do you think its possible to make it so in a game? Show me... please do!
  • Ability to track all movement in game/ forests, With the flora bouncing back before server restart as in real life.      

Hunting:

• Please Show me Russian Fauna
  • Predator & Pray
  • True anatomy of all (Human/Predator & Pray)
  • Ever been hunting? Replica that... You know how they just don't give up till their last breath
  • Head & Heart sweet spots, Legs/arms to disable... you know
  • Damage to hit anatomy, so you won't be able to salvage everything 
  • Becoming the pray when going bush, (You stumbled across bear & your down wind... Your in the territory of a pack of wolves and your being hunted, & you don't know till they are on you)  
  • Ability to stumble across tracks of every Fauna in game (including human) & track what ever animal it is
  • Ability cover your tracks
  • ability to savage everything from fauna, you could use via crafting or food etc
  • True missile & melee damage to target with obviously point of contact & trajectory exit holes/ loss of limbs/ guts you name it
  • I don't care if its human or animal... if i server your head it comes off\
  • DayZ is for Adults not under 18 years old  

Thank you for your time

Kind regards

EarthVen

Sorry, friend. Dean Hall's been gone since December of last year. Hopefully another dev reads this, though Dean was always a bit of a visionary and would have loved most of these ideas.

EDIT: And Chernarus isn't Russia, it's Chernarussia, a fictional, slavic nation, with terrain based loosely on a small region of the Czech Republic bordering Germany.

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic

Well these are infected humans, not zombies so the headshot thing will never happen without mods.

And yes, Dean has been lost and turned around in a jungle before. Alone. For days. That's how he almost died during landnav in South America. That's how he got the idea of DayZ while he was recovering

Edited by Owen.