Sam Maunder

DayZ Update 1.4.23

<17:26:02> "Dean@BIS": YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<17:26:02> "Dean@BIS": 9:25:02 "CLEANUP: CHECKING GROUP WITH 0 UNITS"

9:25:02 "CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP"

<17:26:03> "Dean@BIS": 9:25:02 "CLEANUP: CHECKING GROUP WITH 0 UNITS"

<17:26:04> "Dean@BIS": 9:25:02 "CLEANUP: CHECKING GROUP WITH 0 UNITS"

<17:26:05> "Dean@BIS": 9:25:02 "CLEANUP: CHECKING GROUP WITH 0 UNITS"

<17:26:09> "Dean@BIS": IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think someone is happy is about something...Just a random guess though. :P

Yeah but seriously lets go get the new update.

Looked on your d/l page only 1.4.17 available - take it its being uploaded as we speak?

Awesome guys! Great work, I saw you all hard at work this morning while I was playing. Even saw Rocket on the test server accidently typing commands into global. =P Great job guys! I haven't had an issue yet! :D

What is the context of the debug console Groups(x) Dead(x)? Just asking for purposes of reporting on server performance with accurate details.

theres no 3rd person view only 1st person view so at night the flairs are usless in 1st person view they are only useful in 3rd person view

theres no 3rd person view only 1st person view so at night the flairs are usless in 1st person view they are only useful in 3rd person view

guys why have you turned 3rd person view off i havnt read no complaints about playin view no i carnt play at night like i said the flairs dont light nothin up in 1st person view lol

That is server wise, against my opinions some servers are running their difficulty at expert but then again what does my opinion matter I just handle the servers o.p

Which are the servers running this non third person crap?

i dont know yet mate lol i wouldnt mind playin 1st person view if i could see atleast 10 feet infront of me but at the moment i carnt even see my feet unless i use a flair then i can see my feet. i got the impression that makin it more difficult was adding more zombies and makin them faster etc well at the moment its very very diffiicult for me anyway im bumping into trees fences ive even gone swimming in the sea thinking it was a little pond/lake.

did you put all players in a group to lessen the amount of groups?

We keep getting "fall back" or "Regroup" calls from one player on the server

I'd really like to thank the development team on Dayz for such an overwhelming commitment to their creation. It's quite impressive seeing the immediate updates and fixes. Not being able to keep up with all the fixes actually makes me smirk a bit. Good job guys! I'll have my gf bake you all cookies! :D

Direct Communication is still not working but Side is. Could it be server issue. I was playing in FR1.

wasnt working for me either on the AUS server.

So basically the game is now unplayable for me. I always use third-person in these games, even when it makes aiming more difficult. It's what I'm comfortable with, and most importantly it allows me to see my character and his actions. Sure the third-person view enhances my sight, but have you ever asked why that needed to be enhanced in the first place? I certainly can't 'feel' what I'm doing in a video game. My receptors cannot feel the gun in my hands, nor does my back ache from the weight of a heavy pack. I have only two senses - sight and sound. In first-person those limited senses are having a hell of a time telling if I'm crouched, how I'm moving, or what I've got equipped.

From the sound of it, many of you aren't quite used to Arma yet. By the way, the third-person view being off is a server setting to "expert." Basically, it is a more realistic and immersive gameplay setting that varies from server to server.

<17:26:02> "Dean@BIS": 9:25:02 "CLEANUP: CHECKING GROUP WITH 0 UNITS"

<17:26:09> "Dean@BIS": IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but seriously lets go get the new update.

You men are gods, putting the arma engine in its place

From the sound of it' date=' many of you aren't quite used to Arma yet. By the way, the third-person view being off is a server setting to "expert." Basically, it is a more realistic and immersive gameplay setting that varies from server to server.

[/quote']

beleive me mate im very used to it ive being playing arma since it first came out i even played ofp back in day but 1st person view is so anoying somtimes i do prefer 3rd person

From the sound of it' date=' many of you aren't quite used to Arma yet. By the way, the third-person view being off is a server setting to "expert." Basically, it is a more realistic and immersive gameplay setting that varies from server to server.

I think you mean -> more unrealistic realistic. When let's say COD is just unrealistic. If you know what I mean. In the end we are playing these games on PCs. Tho, I'm not sure about that 3rd person view. I have never played Arma games( got arma2 on last xmas, but never installed, until now), only now this dayz mod few days and love it.

Plus I have no big issues with this Arma2:dayz being "unrealistic realistic", since I have experience from "unrealistic semirealistic" games ( RO: DH mod, RO2). lol

Thanks for the mod!

direct comunication dont work side works sometimes but the sound is cuted :(

Casey, you have an odd classification system for realism in games. Why bother putting the "unrealistic" in front? Does it just represent the fact that it's still a video game and not real life? Wouldn't making a game more realistic be the same as making it more "unrealistic realistic" - whatever that means?

Regarding third-person view, I preferred having the option to use it (is it turned off on all servers now?). I'm not at all against using third-person in a mod like this, but it is perfectly possible to function without it and most of the time I prefer first person both for immersion and for its advantages.