Sam Maunder

DayZ Update 1.4.23

Dc must be fixed, otherwise communication is non existent.

+1 for more Expert difficulty servers. Tombraider-view and crosshair should not be enabled in a PvP gameplay. Luckily most of the action is against bots so this is not that big of a deal. Crosshair could be though client's decision to enable/disable. The mod is a lot harder without the crosshair. + sniper can't be used as CQC-weapon that easily without crosshair. Immersion is the key word.

After dying , escape doesnt work sometimes, i need to hit altF4 and restart the game to respawn.

and holding a flare in hand on first person is very annoying

After dying ' date=' escape doesnt work sometimes, i need to hit altF4 and restart the game to respawn.

and holding a flare in hand on first person is very annoying

[/quote']

holding a flare in hand on first person is very annoying very true join the U.S servers mate its daytime u wont need flairs or chemlights oh U.S1 has still got 3rd person

Are we going to get a changelog for the last 10 or so odd changes there have been in the past 24 hours (all of the ones after 11.)?

There isn't one in the downloads section, or the old mediafire url.

i assume changelog for for the last 10+ versions is fixing group issue

Yep, and I think they tweaked other things also. Its a fast moving Alpha, do you want them doing change logs or making things work?

Just want to reinforce the non-functioning Direct Comms issue. A lot of innocent people are dying because you can't communicate whether you're friendly or not, so people get trigger happy (rightfully so). Requesting Chracter Data is still taking a long, long time, and I think I was actually killed while waiting for it to load (EDIT: I'm actually being 'killed by friendly fire' each time I try to respawn, therefore it seems like a server or game bug is killing me, not other players). Also, I killed one person and my humanity dropped for 2500 to 7, hahaha. Surely that's not right?

Forgiveable because this is in Alpha, but just bringing this to the devs attention.

+1 to JordNZ's post, Need that direct communication chat fixed, its causing a lot more hell then the amount of hell that is already in the game ;)

Also having the dying problem, were you cant use the escape button and respawn, resulting in having to alt+F4.

+1 to JordNZ's post' date=' Need that direct communication chat fixed, its causing a lot more hell then the amount of hell that is already in the game ;)

Also having the dying problem, were you cant use the escape button and respawn, resulting in having to alt+F4.

[/quote']

same here with dying and cant press escape and have to Alt F4

now when im spawning in and live I have no gear and even if i pick up gear etc i cant use it

Yep, have to quite often force close game after dying. Stuck at You Are Dead screen.

And yes, DC needs to get fixed. For me it's hard to follow sometimes the text chat and seems like many others also don't follow the chat...

It doesn't help either that the chat box is flooded with Player using baf lite, edited this and that file and whatnot spam.

It doesn't help either that the chat box is flooded with Player using baf lite' date=' edited this and that file and whatnot spam.

[/quote']

I'd kill to remove that x.x its not only immersion breaking but very very distracting

Well, I have never used Direct Chat in vanilla Arma 2 but I did when they first started messing with disabling Side PTT and from what I could actually hear from the others I spoke to with it.... It Sucked....

Cuts in and out, hard to hear.